PDA

View Full Version : could it get worse?

TANKNOVA
14-10-11, 07:15 PM
well im completley gob smacked and have no idea what to do or will happen about my claim prity much my car got hit start of the week i limped it off the road and round the corner so it was out the way at a start of a industrial estate smashed up ive then put a claim in to the unsure etc and then they said i need to get the car back to mine for the inspector to come out and wright it off so have gone up there with a friend and a low loader to bring it home and its gone ! ive spoken to the owner of the industrial estate and he said he has not touched it it was there last night

so my personal fealing is the local pikeys have noticed it smashed up sitting there and have taken it to scrap what do i do ?

mowgli
14-10-11, 07:17 PM
report it stolen. ring the local scrappies and tell them you are looking for a stolen damaged car... you should have moved it straight away... someone off the estate probably took it & took the bits off it..

TANKNOVA
14-10-11, 07:21 PM
i know its just with starting a new job i was to tight to pay for it so waited for my friend to be free ive reported it stolen but after the crash about 2 days after i insured another car to use so it wasnt insured so what will my insurance say when i call and say dont send the inspector its been stolen ?

novarally
14-10-11, 07:22 PM
report it stolen. ring the local scrappies and tell them you are looking for a stolen damaged car... you should have moved it straight away... someone off the estate probably took it & took the bits off it..

Hats off to your translation skills Mike, I was struggling with the original post.

tommy8252
14-10-11, 07:33 PM
If it was insured when you had the accident and continued to be insured while outside the industrial estate then give the crime number to your insurance and let them deal with it. If you cancelled the insurance while it was still on the road your insurance will more than likely refuse to pay out as its been stolen uninsured and they cannot inspect the vehicle to assess the damage.

TANKNOVA
14-10-11, 08:11 PM
sorry colin spellings no my strong point and i was in a panic ok so even though the crash was not my blame i will now not get any pay out due to some scum nicking it ?

Will F
14-10-11, 08:27 PM
So you left it on an industrial estate in that state? I would expect nothing less tbh - especially with scrap prices atm

Jedro
14-10-11, 08:42 PM
i actually feel for you. would be guttered if that happened to me
although i would of pushed it home tbh

Novasport
14-10-11, 08:44 PM
Feel sorry for you, must be gut wrenching to have your car bumped and then it disappear.
Its probably been towed for no insurance.

By the way, let me introduce you to . , ? ! ' Punctuation is your friend ;).

Connor
14-10-11, 08:49 PM
It maybe worth ringing the local recovery yards to see if its been collected

mowgli
14-10-11, 09:31 PM
my mrs had a mini written off & dragged to her mum's drive. her dad, who was/is a complete waster, sold it to the scrap man.. i reported it to the rozzers, and went on a whirlwind tour of scrapyards till i found it... then the fun began, the scrapyard woman told me that we should have been more careful, and there was nothing i could do about it... so when i pointed out that it had been stolen & they had knowingly received stolen goods, as in with no v5, they got a bit upset, but did drag what was left to a locked compound...

the trouble these days is that if you chop it up, then its no longer a car & can be weighed in anywhere, and most yards have baling machines & process the car really quickly.. did you have a pic of it pre crash??? you could take some flyers round the estate offering a reward.

TANKNOVA
14-10-11, 10:05 PM
the worst part is im not worried about the car as it owed me £250 its the damage to my self the other party has said its there fault , so dont want them to say no car no pay out on the injurys ( spent a few days in the hospital ) ive got a few photos points on what car it is .

( this is the good side )

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/TANKACF/vandamaage3.jpg

L33 LEG
14-10-11, 10:06 PM
sorry colin spellings no my strong point and i was in a panic ok so even though the crash was not my blame i will now not get any pay out due to some scum nicking it ?

The reason you will not get paid is your own fault. Leaving a crashed car on an industrial estate is a crazy thing to do, leaving it there uninsured is plain stupid.

Good luck finding but it's more than likely being stripped down in a hidden unit or is a metal cube by now.

Jon_nova1
15-10-11, 09:56 AM
really your car should have been insured to be on the industrial estate, how would you get it home with no insurance? i'd just tell the insurance company it was stolen after the crash, and hope you didn't change the insurance over as soon as it happened

Novasport
15-10-11, 06:22 PM
Its a Ford! Oh well, no great loss lol I would be glad of it gone ;)

MK999
15-10-11, 07:12 PM
Its a Ford! Oh well, no great loss lol I would be glad of it gone ;)

Found On Roadside Dead.... Taken to its rightful place.