PDA

View Full Version : Finding one is becoming a joke...

witwicky
11-10-11, 07:11 PM
Hi,

Im trying to build an engine to put in my mini, i was origionally going to use a GTE engine, but i managed to get a 16sv engine from an astra for a decent price so i am useing that and running it on bike carbs.

However i cant find a distributor for it. I know exactly what it looks like and that its a bosch unit, but no where seems to be able to find it.

If someone could tell me what the engine number (eg '14NV) that it would have been fitted to as standard is that would be great.

The one i am after looks like this:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqV,!i8E3Sg1BGbqBOBTZgHm)w~~_12.JPG

It needs to be a vacuum advanced pin drive version.

Thanks

Chris

matt_vaughan
11-10-11, 07:22 PM
Its the one off the 14NV engine and yes they are getting hard to get hold of.

Look at Mk2 astra 1.4s, they had the same engine, but it was also fitted to all carbed Nova 1.4.

witwicky
11-10-11, 08:51 PM
If its fitted to the 14nv engine then i assume its the same on all 14nv engines, no matter what car its in?

That is a great help. does anyone happen to know the part number?

Also are there any other options on the ignition when running bike carbs (other than megajolt)

swedge
11-10-11, 09:00 PM
part number is 0237009073

Mike
11-10-11, 09:15 PM
There available from just about any motor factors. So I dont quite see why everyone says there rare?

wwmnw
11-10-11, 09:18 PM
There available from just about any motor factors. So I dont quite see why everyone says there rare?
Maybe motor factors are getting rare?

Mike
11-10-11, 09:20 PM
Maybe motor factors are getting rare?

It appears initiative is too....

witwicky
11-10-11, 09:31 PM
I ordered one at a motor factors (for a 1.4 nova SR) and the one that turned up looked like one off a e16se...

The motorfactor cant find the correct part number, hence why i was asking for the engine number. Its not that they are rare, its just a joke to try and find the correct details to order the right one.

witwicky
11-10-11, 09:40 PM
how come two different part numbers are listed for the same engine? both bosch distributors? (googling that number brought up another lol )

swedge
11-10-11, 10:49 PM
well thats what EPC says

Southie
11-10-11, 11:11 PM
Get intouch with these guys, they're bound to have the one you want ;)

http://www.h-h-ignitionsolutions.co.uk/vauxhall/vauxoedist.htm

dan23
12-10-11, 09:56 AM
you could try googleing dixon vauxhall spares its possible they could have one
could you use the cam a daizzy from a 1.3/1.2 an get the cam profiled

witwicky
16-10-11, 04:56 PM
Right, i have now ordered one from camberly after double checking the number with a few dealers :)

Next question...

When i wire it up, is it posible to just wire the positive and negative from the coil straight to the distributor (as per a mini, if anyone of you are familier) ?
If you can do this, which is the posative and which is the negative on the plug?

http://i.ebayimg.com/15/!BtWZTqQ!2k~$(KGrHqUOKi8EusBo,9d7BL7oYD)bpQ~~_35.J PG

90% sure thats what the distributor i have ordered should look like lol.

Thanks

Chris

witwicky
16-10-11, 09:23 PM
anyone?

simonm
16-10-11, 10:01 PM
Will you not need the amplifier and coil to suit that aswell or have you got it

witwicky
17-10-11, 10:12 PM
I dont have it, i thought the amplifier was built into these? Coil wont make any difference so long as its the right type.

Mike
17-10-11, 10:13 PM
I dont have it, i thought the amplifier was built into these? Coil wont make any difference so long as its the right type.

Nope, amplifier is mounted to the coil bracket. The amp is an old skool Bosch 5 wire item with a mini loom of its own.

witwicky
17-10-11, 11:12 PM
what plugs into the amplifyer then? and where would i be able to get the loom for it? Or a loom for the coil, amp and dizzy?
Also any part numbers for the coil and amp if they are both bosch parts would be very useful...

Is this mini coil something i should be able to get from the dealer, or is it something which is custom made when people move to bike carbs? I can probably get the coil and amp from eden, and also the loom if its something that existed in that state.

Sorry if i seem a little short tempered, ive been trying to get this worked out for months now and no one person seems to know what they are talking about :(

If there is anyone in the reading area who has a 1.4NV engine in their car and wouldnt mind letting me have a look at how its supposed to be assembled and right down some part numbers there is a drink in it for them :) lol.

reecegsi
18-10-11, 08:55 PM
Where about are you ive got a nv in a corsa?

witwicky
19-10-11, 10:19 PM
lol, i thought my location was on my profile. Im based near reading, tooo far away from you lol.

witwicky
20-10-11, 10:16 PM
Found a kit on ebay, but missed out on it :( no others arround at the moment that i can find. :(