PDA

View Full Version : v6 starting/ running issue

TANKNOVA
11-10-11, 07:00 PM
well due to some idiot smashing my van up ive had to get the v6 back on the road its a 2.5 v6 engine in the nova the problem is when you start it it takes a lil bit of time and will not rev up and miss fires for the first about 50 seconds after that it runs fine a bit **** on idle and breaths back though the airfilter driveing is fine exept it feals like its holding back and maybe a slight miss fire it was fine before my oil cooler poped and know this

Nobby
11-10-11, 08:48 PM
is the fuel pump still in the engine bay, did you get told when its warm everytimes you start it yiu have to prime it (flick key x2 or x3 times) as the fuel in the lines vaporises due to the pump location and heat lol have you touched timing? any eml? checked for air leaks?

TANKNOVA
11-10-11, 09:15 PM
haha yer i got told i moved the pump to the boot and it still done that so know ive wired in a switch so flick the switch and she loves it first time no air leak timeing is mint ive got really bad fealings i may have fooked something up when i done the head gasket and its gone again but im trying to tell my self its fine

Nobby
11-10-11, 09:49 PM
compression check time then pal

TANKNOVA
11-10-11, 10:58 PM
would be so much easyer on a 4cl o well ill let you know results

Southie
11-10-11, 11:48 PM
Probably of no help but worth a try lol

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?72450-V6-NOVA-RUNNING-PROBLEM-S-help&