PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to be a Bus Driver?

Chris LR
10-07-03, 01:51 PM
Went along with 6 others today for an 'assesment day'

1 failed the piss easy written tests and 3 more - including myself failed the driving test. I went too fast of all things.

So over half the group failed, and thats before the medical....

I never would have thought it'd be that hard.

wisewood
10-07-03, 01:58 PM
well you have to be REALLY intelligent to operate that little cash register they have - REALLY athletic to sit in that seat all day and turn that really big wheel with power-steering dont ya.

:lol:

WHY THE HELL DO YOU WANNA BE A BUS DRIVER?

**picture the unlikely scene, Chris is in a bar chatting away to a girl (who we shall call Kim) for more than 11 seconds**

Chris: So what do you do for a living?
Kim: I work in the accounts department for Natwest... how bout you?
Chris (proudly): I'm a bus driver!
Kim: Oh right... errr... thanks for the drink, er Chris isnt it. I have to go now, i just remembered I have a rat infestation that i have to deal with this Wednesday.
Chris (waves): oh right ok then, bye...
(Chris begins to cry)
Chris: why oh why did i decide to become a bus driver?!?!?!

**twinkling music and swirly effect as we fade back into the world of novaload**

:lol:
You see Chris - you didnt wanna be a bus driver anyway!

Chris LR
10-07-03, 02:01 PM
?15k-?24k

Just for driving...

They put me in an absolutly hopeless Minibus with about a million miles on the clock, then got me to drive around Newtown and Aston in Birmingham. No wonder I was going quickly!

And the official title would have been Bus Manager! So :P

wisewood
10-07-03, 02:05 PM
**picture the unlikely scene, Chris is in a bar chatting away to a girl (who we shall call Kim) for more than 11 seconds**

Chris: So what do you do for a living?
Kim: I work in the accounts department for Natwest... how bout you?
Chris (proudly): I'm in management!
Kim: OOOh what do you manage then?
Chris: I manage Buses!
Kim: So you're in charge of all the bus drivers?
Chris: Well errr, no... I am a bus driver.
Kim: Oh right... errr... thanks for the drink, er Chris isnt it. I have to go now, i just remembered I have a rat infestation that i have to deal with this Wednesday.
*Kim Hurries away from Chris*
Chris (shouts): But i never even told you i earn 15-24k per year!!
(Chris begins to cry)
Chris: why oh why did i decide to become a bus driver?!?!?!

**twinkling music and swirly effect as we fade back into the world of novaload**

The conversation lasts a little longer but not very much. :lol:

Dicko
10-07-03, 03:02 PM
lol hes only doing it incase he gets to take an all girls school on a trip :twisted:

Nova-Boy
10-07-03, 03:04 PM
pmsl :lol: :lol:

Barn
10-07-03, 04:29 PM
wisewood u got one hell of an imagination...
then again, it would probably be like that
LMAO

Chris LR
10-07-03, 07:04 PM
Well I think he's just sharing his vision of my future....

What will happen to me next O Wise One?

match
10-07-03, 08:44 PM
but think of the bonuses of bein a bus driver......

1. how many fit birds use busses and office chicks?! always got a chance to chat em up cos they gotta talk 2 u any way - perfect chance to get in there :lol:

2. ?

3. ?

4. ?

as 4 chat up lines... do u get on this bus often luv! pmsl

become a lorry driver instead at least it would be a bit more fun

match
10-07-03, 08:44 PM
but think of the bonuses of bein a bus driver......

1. how many fit birds use busses and office chicks?! always got a chance to chat em up cos they gotta talk 2 u any way - perfect chance to get in there :lol:

2. ?

3. ?

4. ?

as 4 chat up lines... do u get on this bus often luv! pmsl

become a lorry driver instead at least it would be a bit more fun

Stuart
10-07-03, 09:31 PM
hmm being stuck on your own in a cab all day every day, ohhh sounds loads of fun, WEIRDO!!!!

aslong as its not stagecoach, your nearly alright lol ive got a vendetta against stagecoach lol

dave.gsi
10-07-03, 11:37 PM
why u want to be a bus driver is beyond me lol. you'll end up being given the school run where thousands of kids will poke you in the eyes with their pencils, spit at you and no doubt tell you to go fuck yourself if you ask for any money, or you'll be given the night shift where nobbers throw bricks at you, people shoot at you with air guns and pissheads beat the shit out of you.

oh, and you've got a greater risk of getting cancer of the nads :lol:

wow, is that worth the money??

match
11-07-03, 04:28 PM
bein a lorry driver would be shite i agree, but it would be more fun arseing around in a lorry compared to a bus

RobHardyUK
11-07-03, 11:21 PM

chatting to kim, about land rovers. :D