PDA

View Full Version : Engines

ptjay
09-10-11, 05:58 PM
Hi guys,looking for some advice,iv just brought my first nova,its a j reg 1 litre,my plan is to do it up, but first i want a new engine,but i havnt a clue what to go for or what i will need,i want a engine with a lot more power,so any advice on what to buy and what kind of things to look out for will be a great help. Cheers.

paul james
09-10-11, 06:06 PM
Well your choice will depend a lot on what you can afford to insure...
Anything from a simple swap to a 1.2 carb to a 2.0 Turbo or even a V6 engine can be done.

ptjay
09-10-11, 06:08 PM
Im not to worried about the insurance,just what is the best one to buy and what other parts i will need,i.e gear box or anything else,cheers.

phunkynova
09-10-11, 06:39 PM
why is Insurance not a problem ?. Your engine choice is up to you on what you want from the car ie power/mpg/ and so on all is possible if you have the money, you need to give more info on just what you want to do.

ptjay
09-10-11, 08:58 PM
O
why is Insurance not a problem ?. Your engine choice is up to you on what you want from the car ie power/mpg/ and so on all is possible if you have the money, you need to give more info on just what you want to do.

Insurance dont matter because as long as i am happy with the car i will pay it,just looking for power and what problems i may get when looking to buy one,and where are the best places to buy one

MK999
09-10-11, 09:03 PM
Work out a budget, vague plans, what you want from the car etc.

Atm your only requirements are power with no budget mentions, so your best option is a custom build billet engine running on race ethanol, should only cost about 250k and be good for 1800bhp+ or so given the size restrictions in the bay.

Stuart
09-10-11, 09:39 PM
Work out a budget, vague plans, what you want from the car etc.

Atm your only requirements are power with no budget mentions, so your best option is a custom build billet engine running on race ethanol, should only cost about 250k and be good for 1800bhp+ or so given the size restrictions in the bay.

What he said!