PDA

View Full Version : megajolt pulley

swedge
06-10-11, 03:58 PM
anyone know if this is set up correct, the instructions are a bit confusing as which way to turn the missing tooth

engines at tdc

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee127/swedge87/pulley.jpg

swedge
06-10-11, 04:03 PM
Align the sensor and timing wheel so the missing tooth passes the sensor N degrees before the crank reaches Top Dead Center (TDC) for cylinder #1. Note: Since the sensor wheel has a tooth every 10 degrees, "N" degrees is equivalent to N / 10 teeth.
A simple installation procedure to follow:

Mount the sensor in any convenient way that simplifies bracket design and accommodates mounting points on the engine block.
Turn the crankshaft to precise Top Dead Center (TDC) for cylinder #1.
Position the timing wheel onto the crank pulley with the missing tooth aligned to the sensor.
Now offset the the timing wheel position:

If your engine turns clockwise when facing the crank pulley, rotate the timing wheel clockwise "N" Teeth.
If your engine turns counter-clockwise when facing the crank pulley, rotate the timing wheel counter-clockwise "N" Teeth.

mark this final location of the sensor wheel onto the crank pulley- then weld or bolt timing wheel into place as appropriate.

4 cylinder cars are set 90 degrees (N)

swedge
06-10-11, 04:05 PM
hmm i think ive turned it the wrong way and answered my own question lol

jeremy fisher
06-10-11, 06:42 PM
yours looks 180 deg out, but that shouldn't actually matter as ford edis runs wasted spark so it should still spark at the right time. anythin other than 180 out is no good tho.

swedge
06-10-11, 07:03 PM
yeah if its 180 out i just swap the plug leads round on the coilpack

its not bolted or welded in yet so ill just tap it off and turn it

bazil
06-10-11, 08:55 PM
Fcuk being close to that when the engines running lol

It looks like a table saw lol

Adam
06-10-11, 09:06 PM
Yeah youve spun the crank trigger in the wrong direction. The missing tooth should be past the sensor with the engine at tdc, yours is before.

swedge
06-10-11, 09:15 PM
Fcuk being close to that when the engines running lol

It looks like a table saw lol

haha its the only size i could get that would fit lol all the other would have been smaller than the original pulley and the sensor wouldnt fit

unless i got 1 made to what size i wanted which woulda cost loadsa £££

jeremy fisher
08-10-11, 09:40 AM
I was talkin sh1te, bein 180 would not be ok, I was thinkin the crank spins once for a full engine cycle, but it clearly doesn't. And I don't think swappin the leads around would work, its not the same as a dizzy bein 180 out.