PDA

View Full Version : New job

L14MNP
06-10-11, 01:48 PM
Start as a fitter at Cat in Peterlee in a couple of weeks time.

It's been just over a year since I had a proper job. Just been making my money fixing cars, welding, bit of plumbing etc. Which is canny in a way, but when you have no routine you don't make the most of your time imo. Which is ironic, as you should have more free time. It just doesn't work like that for me though. Not to mention the lack of a consistent wage!

Fcuking about and doing what you please only lasts for so long - unless you're Brains! lol

Time to make some decent coin again. 8-)

brainsnova
06-10-11, 01:52 PM
Flol congrats on the new job

Mike
06-10-11, 02:05 PM
I know the feeling bro. I closed my own business down in April just because I could & been doing my own thing, making coin here & there & generally living it up doing not much by choice :)

Reality kicked in a few weeks ago so decided I should really get a job lol.

wwmnw
06-10-11, 02:23 PM
Start as a fitter at Cat in Peterlee in a couple of weeks time.

It's been just over a year since I had a proper job. Just been making my money fixing cars, welding, bit of plumbing etc. Which is canny in a way, but when you have no routine you don't make the most of your time imo. Which is ironic, as you should have more free time. It just doesn't work like that for me though. Not to mention the lack of a consistent wage!

Fcuking about and doing what you please only lasts for so long - unless you're Brains! lol

Time to make some decent coin again. 8-)

Mother ****er, I applied and never heard back :cry:

L14MNP
06-10-11, 02:27 PM
I know the feeling bro. I closed my own business down in April just because I could & been doing my own thing, making coin here & there & generally living it up doing not much by choice :)

Reality kicked in a few weeks ago so decided I should really get a job lol.

I'd like to be self employed for the benefits it brings, but knowing mates with their own companies I can also see the downsides. Nowt wrong with a bit of chill then back to the real world though is there? lol

Mother ****er, I applied and never heard back :cry:

I got pestered by me dad to knock a CV up for him to hand in. I was too busy odd jobbing it about and cba at first.

Once I've been there a while I will try and get you in if you like marra? I know a canny few people in there.

wwmnw
06-10-11, 02:31 PM
I'd like to be self employed for the benefits it brings, but knowing mates with their own companies I can also see the downsides. Nowt wrong with a bit of chill then back to the real world though is there? lol

I got pestered by me dad to knock a CV up for him to hand in. I was too busy odd jobbing it about and cba at first.

Once I've been there a while I will try and get you in if you like marra? I know a canny few people in there.
If you could do that I'd owe you one :thumb:

L14MNP
06-10-11, 02:37 PM
If you could do that I'd owe you one :thumb:

Consider it done.

wwmnw
06-10-11, 02:43 PM
A lad that works there took a CV up for me before (you may end up working with him as I think he's a fitter too, could be wrong though, I think he's called Mark Williams) but obviously my CV wasn't good enough although it seems to be who you know not what you know at Cat.

You know where I work anyway and its only about a mile away so pop in some time if you get time.

Mike
06-10-11, 03:07 PM

As a sole trader its not bad like, if you can get the work, depending on what you do like. A female mate of mine is a self employed IT Tech, she is on a ruck load of cash, for some perspective she bought a new shape VRS outright, no finance, no bank loan, all her own cash with a part ex of old her old which she also bought outright :S

If, like me, you end with people working for/with you, then it gets a bid tedious :S billion phone calls a day, forever sorting out staffing issues, paying people, buying matierials blah blah blah. And to rub salt in the wounds, none of the (unts will ever thank you for the work, the payments, the helping hand!!

Nebbz
06-10-11, 03:08 PM
well done! know the feeling of the whole inconsistancy but its always good to have a routeen!.. till it runs you down

Jack
06-10-11, 03:14 PM
I hear Apple are looking for new Jobs too.

Arf. lol

mowgli
06-10-11, 03:16 PM
So limp, what will you be making??

Its a pity they don't make back-actors at peterlee, or bathfart would be well in...

L14MNP
06-10-11, 03:27 PM

Its a pity they don't make back-actors at peterlee, or bathfart would be well in...

Articulated dump trucks. More specifically, axles I think. Will know more next Friday when I attend an induction.

Cheers all. :) (Why do you call him bathfart? Is that what his name sounds like? lol)

wwmnw
06-10-11, 03:28 PM
I hear Apple are looking for new Jobs too.

Arf. lol
lol

They make trucks, and thanks mate lol

wwmnw
06-10-11, 03:28 PM
Cheers all. :) (Why do you call him bathfart? Is that what his name sounds like? lol)
Apparently wwmnw is what a fart sounds like in the bath

mowgli
06-10-11, 03:35 PM
My work is done here......

L14MNP
06-10-11, 03:41 PM
They make trucks

You need to be more specific lol. No wonder they knocked back your app! (joke) lol

Like you say though, who you know there does help. What you know is still the most important though! What similar expreience do you have dude?

wwmnw
06-10-11, 03:47 PM
You need to be more specific lol. No wonder they knocked back your app! (joke) lol

Like you say though, who you know there does help. What you know is still the most important though! What similar expreience do you have dude?

Lol I was just keeping it simple so Mowgli would understand lol

Similar experience, err, I've worked on a couple of Nova's and built mine up.

Nebbz
06-10-11, 03:47 PM
Apparently wwmnw is what a fart sounds like in the bath

really? i have tried this noise aloud and sounds nothing like it... lmfao

wwmnw
06-10-11, 03:49 PM
really? i have tried this noise aloud and sounds nothing like it... lmfao

Try farting in the bath (from your anus)

mowgli
06-10-11, 03:50 PM
Limp and bathfart...

I live and work about 5 miles from the cat factory at desford, where they make backhoes, forklifts & small loaders.... I'm guessing they make the 6 wheel articulated dumpers at peterlee

BIT OF BACKGROUND.... OUR FAMILY RUNS A PLANT BUSINESS, I'VE BEEN ON THE CAT TRIP TO MALAGA, COS WE HAVE BOUGHT CAT MACHINERY BEFORE.... MOST OF MY MENDING EXPERIENCE IS ON DIESEL STUFF THAT WEIGHS 6 OR MORE TONS. WE HAVE RENTED JCB STUFF TO CAT FOR DEMO/ TAKE IT APART & HAVE A POKE ABOUT ETC... WE HAVE HAD CAT EVALUATION MACHINES IN OUR YARD FOR BACK TO BACK TESTING AGAINST JCB STUFF...
SOME OF OUR FINDINGS & SUGGESTIONS WENT INTO THE LATEST 428 MACHINES...

Nebbz
06-10-11, 03:50 PM
queif on the go loL!.... Well i struggle to fart so this one might be a tough one for me :S I have issues with gas...more inclined to burp.. I shall ask the b.friend lmao

L14MNP
06-10-11, 03:54 PM
Limp and bathfart...
I'm guessing they make the 6 wheel articulated dumpers at peterlee

I already said they did. lol

queif on the go loL!....

:eek::tard: Only a lass could find that funny. Bloody minging! lol

mowgli
06-10-11, 04:01 PM
nebbz, it helps if you fill the bath with water first..

mowgli
06-10-11, 04:03 PM
limp, this is an articulated dumper
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0gg7TsrV-SAv7Fu2RnzaYT5jkLY05n6Uu9dWnMUXZUoCAWnWd

and this is a 6 wheel articulated dumper
http://www.pacifictractorwest.com/web_images/pictures_009.jpg

Mike
06-10-11, 04:04 PM
^friend of mine got something similiar to that on its side in a quarry lol lol was bigger though.

mowgli
06-10-11, 04:06 PM
it wasn't ste porter was it???

L14MNP
06-10-11, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=mowgli;1933621]limp, this is an articulated dumper
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0gg7TsrV-SAv7Fu2RnzaYT5jkLY05n6Uu9dWnMUXZUoCAWnWd

6 wheelers. I forget those little things. Wouldn't take much to knock an axle up for one of those. lol

Mike, was it a 4 wheeled job? Some of those are vast. I have a pic of me standing inside the wheel of one somwhere.

Nebbz
06-10-11, 04:12 PM
I already said they did. lol

:eek::tard: Only a lass could find that funny. Bloody minging! lol

Episode of south park comes to mind...and it is funny! lol

Royston
06-10-11, 04:27 PM
Well done,
I've worked for Cat at peterlee for @ 4 1/2 years in R & D

The company is really busy as the world seems to want articulated dump trucks!!

See here
http://www.uk.cat.com/cda/layout?m=432602&x=7

mowgli
06-10-11, 04:43 PM
it must be fun trying to wreck one of these... for the first fortnight anyway.....

i'd imagine most of the r&d is longevity testing of components etc....

Royston
06-10-11, 05:38 PM
it must be fun trying to wreck one of these... for the first fortnight anyway.....

i'd imagine most of the r&d is longevity testing of components etc....

I must get some satisfaction from testing/breaking things:d been doing it for 22 years, previously in automotive.

We run our machines 24/7 to accumulate hours in our own quarry, and I instrument and test various aspects on current and new product.

I have to say it is the best company I have worked for;)

It's never dull;)

Andy
06-10-11, 08:23 PM
Nice one Liam-good man,well done mate.

Pistol Pete
06-10-11, 08:27 PM
Congrats on the job dude!