PDA

View Full Version : RIP Steve Jobs...

Southie
06-10-11, 02:52 AM
... a sad day, he was Mr apple mac and also ran the pixar company :(
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/steve-jobs/8809997/Steve-Jobs-dies-live-blog.html

Edd
06-10-11, 03:56 AM
Sad indeed :(

Cue all the ' so what, I hate everthing apple' even tho I have never ever owned or used one lol

bazil
06-10-11, 03:59 AM
Quite strange to learn this via iPhone, just proves what he achieved in his life.

Jack
06-10-11, 07:39 AM
Yikes, wasn't expecting that. Although I knew he was ill... wasn't that long since he stepped back from the reigns at Apple?

He was certainly an icon. Inventor? Not in the slightest. Marketing genuis? Creative visionary? Yep.

I await the floral tribute from Xerox. Orrr maybe not LOL

Tanya.
06-10-11, 07:58 AM
How sad :( I'm a big fan of Apple, I adore my iPad and use it more than my laptop lately.

Jeff16v
06-10-11, 08:11 AM
Rip, they love to hate him!

Sent using a steve jobs vision!

Nebbz
06-10-11, 09:06 AM
aww bless him, thanks to him i have one of the best laptops money can buy! and one of the crapest phones money could buy haha! (till the new iphone comes out and my contract is up that is)

wwmnw
06-10-11, 12:51 PM
What's black and doesn't work?

Steve Jobs pancreas.

Too soon?

brainsnova
06-10-11, 12:59 PM
When you look inside an iPhone it's quite basic lol

wwmnw
06-10-11, 02:32 PM
If it wasn't for my iPhone, I wouldn't be able to say this right now, and if it wasn't for it's pioneering predictive text technology, I wouldn't be able to spell most things either, due to my dyslexia.

RAPE Steve Jobs.

L14MNP
06-10-11, 02:35 PM
RAPE Steve Jobs.

LMAO

Wonder if his coffin will be smaller and lighter than any before?

On a serious note though, the man had visions and saw them through. I'm no Apple fan, but he helped to revolutionise portable music and media. Fair play!

R.I.P (said without iPhone predictive text). lol

wwmnw
06-10-11, 02:38 PM
I should probably stop being disrespectful.

wwmnw
06-10-11, 02:39 PM
Steve Jobs arrives at the doors of heaven.

He asks: "Did I just get a Blue Screen of Death?"

mowgli
06-10-11, 02:53 PM
It sort of proves that living a vegetarian lifestyle gives you no extra help when the c word appears.

He appeared to be a decent bloke, but brand image isn't my thing.

Mike
06-10-11, 03:15 PM
IMO (not an apple fan either, faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from it) but, he bought it to life, made it what it is today.

Will probably end up one of the most famous people of the modern technological age no doubt. A true visionary.

Sent via BlackBerry Storm 061011 15.15

Jack
06-10-11, 03:29 PM
Who does death think he is...

...coming over here and taking our Jobs.

Nebbz
06-10-11, 03:54 PM
Steve Jobs arrives at the doors of heaven.

He asks: "Did I just get a Blue Screen of Death?"

and the return from the gatesman was a

"hmm let me think.....UMBRELLA OF DOOOOOOOOOOMMMM"

Spudly
06-10-11, 07:01 PM
Sent via BlackBerry Storm 061011 15.15

From what they were saying on the news earlier on, was that most smart phones these days use stuff that he made and such, specially blackberries, and if yours has nothing of his in it, it was most probably developed on the back of his work!

To quote the buzz word of the mo... iSad!

Nova_Tek
06-10-11, 08:42 PM
R.I.P. tis sad when anyone passes away but when you think where Apple and the Macintosh was and where it is now, it's amazing to think what he did. Not an Apple fanatic but have an iMac for music/production and my bro has an iPhone 4. You have to say that they just do what they say. If it weren't for the first iPhones we wouldn't have all the other rival brands and their great products either.

Bubba
06-10-11, 09:02 PM
i hear he is being buried....theres a gap for that lol

i cant say i hate the i-gizmo's as ive never had one, and i wont, purely due to the fact everyone i know who has one rubs it in your face (tossers), but he did do a great many things.

i wonder if Bill Gates will have anything to say about possibly his biggest rival.

Mike
06-10-11, 09:11 PM
From what they were saying on the news earlier on, was that most smart phones these days use stuff that he made and such, specially blackberries, and if yours has nothing of his in it, it was most probably developed on the back of his work!

To quote the buzz word of the mo... iSad!

I dunno Spud, blackberrys have been around since about 2005/6 you know! The original ones most definetly would have not used any programming with anything to related to Apple tho thats for sure.

Nova_Tek
06-10-11, 09:12 PM
Bill Gates, the founder of rival technology company Microsoft and friend of Mr Jobs, said he would miss him "immensely".

"The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come," he added.

Spudly
06-10-11, 09:13 PM
Apparently Bill Gates has already said he got on well with him and they were good friends and that he will miss him!

Ive just got an iPhone4 and tbf im properly impressed with it tbf (not trying to rub it in btw LOL) lol

Mike
06-10-11, 09:14 PM
Pah, phones just a phone to me Spud. I didnt spend a fortune on a top end PC just because I could you know lol

Nova_Tek
06-10-11, 09:15 PM
wrong time to buy one... iPhone 4s coming out next week!

Spudly
06-10-11, 09:16 PM
Means nowt to me as it does way more than my bramble and im happy with it so perfect time for me lol

Mike
06-10-11, 09:20 PM
Means nowt to me as it does way more than my bramble and im happy with it so perfect time for me lol

Dunno, Ive only ever used any of my BlackBerrys for calling & texting & VERY occasionally the internet (half hour a month maybe???).

Spudly
06-10-11, 09:23 PM
Ahh im the other way round, i find phone calls exceedingly intrusive as it means you have to drop what youre doing and wander off (i have my conversations in private) whereas i use the internet lots so an iTerry is perfect for me, my bramble never seemed to like coming on here as the 'cursor/mouse' would jam off screen and make the browser crash:cry;

Mike
06-10-11, 09:30 PM
Ahh im the other way round, i find phone calls exceedingly intrusive as it means you have to drop what youre doing and wander off (i have my conversations in private) whereas i use the internet lots so an iTerry is perfect for me, my bramble never seemed to like coming on here as the 'cursor/mouse' would jam off screen and make the browser crash:cry;

Ah right, the roller ball/tracking ones are **** for use on the net. Touch screen is better I found but crap if youve got wet or cold hands.

To me its just a phone, gets battered, dropped, covered in epoxy resin & engine oil. No sympathy & certianly none of these ghey hat phone cover things :S

Pistol Pete
06-10-11, 09:44 PM
IIRC he turned the Apple brand around to make it what it is today. As said, a creative visionary and marketing genius.

R.I.P

Jeff16v
06-10-11, 10:06 PM
I dunno Spud, blackberrys have been around since about 2005/6 you know! The original ones most definetly would have not used any programming with anything to related to Apple tho thats for sure.
I ran a BES server for many years and nothing was easier for email and wireless calendar than a Bb, they used to be java based and it was 6 figures to developed an interface for a Corporate system. All phones platforms wanted the ease of blackberry Mail and simple handsets and all modern handsets have copied that model but without the RIM network ties. All smartphones are much the same now, most copied the iPhone OS.
I work in IT and all I hear all day is check my latest ROM. Android seems nerdy because you can write it yourself and it's free. honestly I rather spend more time with my family and on the missus than rebuilding my phone to show how theenu now looks. iPhone just does it all, maybe not the fastest but who gives a crap.

Jack
06-10-11, 10:35 PM
i wonder if Bill Gates will have anything to say about possibly his biggest rival.
Linus is still alive though? lol

Gates was never that worried about Apple - on the computer front anyway. And rightly so, mac's never have gained (and never will, unless something goes howwibly wong) massive inroads in the PC business. Linux/Unix on the other hand; sure the desktop market for that is low (growing at glacial speed!), but the server and customer-facing IT market is very strongly held up by Unix.

You can't really say Jobs turned Apple round, as he was there from the start. But he was good at taking an established or underdeveloped/new tech and putting his own corporate stamp on it and making it a success - this is the innovation side of things which he excelled at, and in business thats what makes things work. Bill did exactly the same innovation thing with MSDOS and Windows early enough in the desktop-PC game to get a decent foothold and build M$ into the computer-in-every-home monster it is today. The difference being that a lot of people are anti-apple, so have HTC, Samsung, Nokia, etc phones - where as a lot of people are anti-microsoft, but for those of you viewing this on a home PC I bet pretty much 99% of you are using Windows.

Anyways, I digress lol Still no words of condolence from Xerox I see? Quel surprise. lol

Connor
06-10-11, 11:25 PM
R.i.p

Bubba
06-10-11, 11:40 PM
i was trying to sound smart lol

L14MNP
07-10-11, 11:03 AM
Who cares about phones, seriously? :/

I am using an LG Chocolate I had in the drawer cos like Mike, mine get some serious stick. No protecting them in cases and worrying when they get scratched here!

brainsnova
07-10-11, 11:20 AM
I use a k800i when my iPhone is fecked. It's indestructible and the battery lasts ages

Nebbz
07-10-11, 11:22 AM
Who cares about phones, seriously? :/

I am using an LG Chocolate I had in the drawer cos like Mike, mine get some serious stick. No protecting them in cases and worrying when they get scratched here!

mah see mine get a silicone case and a screen protector...its only a matter of time till they end up in a water bucket or trod on by a horse, by that point its too late the protection wont work lmao! but the silicone tends to prevent slippage out the old bra like :P

L14MNP
07-10-11, 12:14 PM
get a horse, the protection wont work lmao! but the silicone tends to prevent slippage out

:wtf:lol

As an added bonus, keeping it in your bra should assist the battery life. :d

Brian, you can't knock a good old K800, they're up there with a 5110 for rigidity.
When the world ends, it will be just them and the cockroaches left.