PDA

View Full Version : Pigeowned

L14MNP
05-10-11, 11:47 PM
Animal lovers avert thyne eyes!

At my mates unit;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/ManorQuay/IMG335.jpg

I got a text off him the other day saying one of the ceiling tiles had fallen down (about 7' long) and the pigeon problem had worsened, due to them roosting/****ting in plain sight now.

Fun was had. We got seven, but two slid down the inside of the tiles. :lol:

Dusted off the old gats and headed on over.
My BSA Superten decided to jam a slug in the barrel and my Weirauch 97K which I have had since around 1992 has certainly lost it's kick! Add to this the fact that I don't really have this in me anymore! I used to shoot (and eat) loads of stuff. Never stopped me killing tonight though, I just actually felt bad - for a bit! :roll: :lol:

NVM. The cull has begun. We shall return!

wwmnw
05-10-11, 11:50 PM
Murderererer!

L14MNP
05-10-11, 11:51 PM
Murderererer!

Rat-a-tat-tat that's the sound of my gat (fool)! lol

bazil
05-10-11, 11:57 PM
PIG E ON lol

Reminds me of faulty towers,

Anyway! Pigeons are flying rats but can make a pie.

L14MNP
06-10-11, 12:00 AM
I wouldn't eat these ones! MGB GT interior isn't exactly natural food for them. lol

I want the two that I capped that slid down the inside, got one in the heed and the other in the lungs/heart and they both waivered and staggered a bit then lost conciousness and fell. lol

Edd
06-10-11, 12:03 AM
Nice one :d

I prefer a slice of bread with loads of baking soda in/on it, once the flying rat has had enough it gut swells up and burst

Sounds bad but people have had death threats here for shooting them :eek:

brainsnova
06-10-11, 12:11 AM
Nice nights work an mgb diet leaves an awful mess

MK999
06-10-11, 12:14 AM
that's not a bad wall piece, might wanna stock up on dettol though.

Mieran
06-10-11, 12:17 AM
what a dick head

poor pigeons

L14MNP
06-10-11, 12:22 AM
what a dick head

poor pigeons

lol VERMIN mate.
See what you would do if they were sh!tting all over your cars and gear! Just chasing them away and attempting to block up any access holes (very high ceilings) only for them to return time and again would p!ss anyone off. Shame they weren't magpies. ;)

Edd, I have always wanted to try the baking soda trick, bet it's a right laugh! Especially if they take flight lol. People issuing death threats to those controlling the population of these horrible things need their heads banging together! Nosey know nothing gimps!

Edd
06-10-11, 12:30 AM
Baking soda is funny, but tbh when you have 100+ in trees at the end of your garden what else you supposed to do?

I've spent a lot of time sorting the lawn out at our new place, I ain't having these flying crap bags ruin it lol

They are leagaly vermin if there not homing ones so you can do as you please really

No more cheeky magpie comments either Mr 3rd bottom scum :d

L14MNP
06-10-11, 12:33 AM
Baking soda is funny, but tbh when you have 100+ in trees at the end of your garden what else you supposed to do?

I've spent a lot of time sorting the lawn out at our new place, I ain't having these flying crap bags ruin it lol

They are leagaly vermin if there not homing ones so you can do as you please really

No more cheeky magpie comments either Mr 3rd bottom scum :d

lol cushion head out! (etc) Overheard some lads saying you lot are nailed on for Europe this season, they never learn! Early days. bad start for us, but I aint worried.

Careful with protecting your property and hard graft, Mierean will be down in his Greenpeace t-shirt! lol

MK999
06-10-11, 12:41 AM
Pigeons have feelings too!

Well, not those ones, they're dead.

Edd
06-10-11, 12:45 AM
Europe no IMO, its looking good atm tho, but both manchester clubs then chelsea in a row is looming, top half is realistic after scum ashley pocketed the carroll cash and spent nothing

Meiran would be killing the crap bags if he had to deal with them, green piece or not lol

Jack
06-10-11, 07:44 AM
I like pigeon, tasty.

I find them amusing though. Especially in town when they warble about then when you approach them, they fly away into some little kid's face lol

Seagulls on the other hand... arrrgh.

Nebbz
06-10-11, 09:13 AM
flying rats... can i have a go :D Ill go get my pellet gun! (the shot guns are too big for me :()

Jeff16v
06-10-11, 10:03 AM
I love the smell of burnt pigeon in the morning or the thud of a woody piggeon as it falls on its face, lol

Hayley
06-10-11, 11:22 AM
Hope you have advised the rozzers you are shooting.

scott.parker
06-10-11, 11:37 AM
Dude on a serious note, they look to small to be wood pigeons, so I'm guessing there racing one's, if any have rings on the legs you should catch them and return them to there owners, as if you get caught killing them you'll be in big ****..

I'm not some animal rights activist or anything, but my dad and my granddad kept racing pigeons, so IF they are one's that have got lost with rings on there legs I'm not impressed..

mowgli
06-10-11, 11:42 AM
/\ when shooting wood pigeons, i advise wearing a crash helmet... one of those landing on you will hurt... i accidentally got hit by a clay pigeon once, and it left a bruise.

brainsnova
06-10-11, 11:48 AM
A racing pigeon crash landed in my brothers garden so he phoned the RSPCA and they said put it in his house in a cardboard box and they collected it next morning

wwmnw
06-10-11, 12:49 PM
Hope you have advised the rozzers you are shooting.

Indoors on private land?

Seriously?

General Baxter
06-10-11, 12:59 PM
Indoors on private land?

Seriously?

indeed, theres a legal distance you need between a public right of way

wwmnw
06-10-11, 01:01 PM
indeed, theres a legal distance you need between a public right of way

Sooooo, firing from my back yard isn't legal?

General Baxter
06-10-11, 01:01 PM
i doubt it, as im sure theres a path close by lol

you can use your gun in your back garden as long as you stay within the law . It is an offence to fire your airgun within 50 feet of the centre of a public highway, IF BY DOING SO you cause any member of the public using that highway to be injured, interupted or endangered. This applies even if you are on private property adjacent to the highway. Public highways include roads, bridleways and public footpaths.

Also you must ensure you have a suitable backstop and that all pellets fired remain in the boundaries of your property and you do not cause a nuisance by your actions.

wwmnw
06-10-11, 01:16 PM
Back yard leads on to back street, suitable backstop? Back field/wooden fence around the back field, pellets seem to stop fine in that.

Never had the police here for firing an air rifle but they turned up once after me and a mate checked the remains of what we had been shooting and walked back into my yard and they'd had a report someone (another mate) had ran into my house with a brick lol cops turned up as we were reloading but never saw the gun.

L14MNP
06-10-11, 01:43 PM
Dude on a serious note, they look to small to be wood pigeons, so I'm guessing there racing one's, if any have rings on the legs you should catch them and return them to there owners, as if you get caught killing them you'll be in big ****..

I'm not some animal rights activist or anything, but my dad and my granddad kept racing pigeons, so IF they are one's that have got lost with rings on there legs I'm not impressed..

They aren't wood or racing pigeons mate! Just the horrible, disease ridden feral common and garden type.

I wouldn't kill someones racing pigeons!

L14MNP
06-10-11, 01:46 PM
Back yard leads on to back street, suitable backstop? Back field/wooden fence around the back field, pellets seem to stop fine in that.

Never had the police here for firing an air rifle but they turned up once after me and a mate checked the remains of what we had been shooting and walked back into my yard and they'd had a report someone (another mate) had ran into my house with a brick lol cops turned up as we were reloading but never saw the gun.

I used to shoot in me garden all the time. The old timber garage was riddled with the aftermath of slugs - not to mention my dads Mondeo! lol

Grandads medicine bottles (used :P) and any other target I could get my hands on. The best was when I dropped a massive crow that was busy eating bread from about 30ft up, straight through the neck and then it crashed through next doors greenhouse. God job we had working dogs, I didn't even have to tell it what to do. lol

brainsnova
06-10-11, 01:50 PM
I'm sick of birds sitting in a tree above my van ****ting on my bonnet and screen so tree chopping when it loses it's leaves :d

Jack
06-10-11, 03:02 PM
Sooooo, firing from my back yard isn't legal?
Saving that quote for future humour potential. lol

Jackroadkill
06-10-11, 08:26 PM
They're feral pigeons, so are on General License. He's perfectly in his rights to shoot them provided he has permission from the owner / leaseholder of the property. Does not need to inform the law or the neighbours.

Bubba
06-10-11, 08:40 PM
ill be doing this when ive stripped my rifle down again and bead blasted and polished all the internals...the farmer who i rent off of is more than happy for me to shoot anything bar foxes and the barn owls as the birds **** all over the campers that park up there all year round.