PDA

View Full Version : White dial mark 1 clocks

thisgroove
05-10-11, 07:58 PM
Ok i won a set of white gte clocks put them in car tonight engine turns over but when you turn key to turn it off the key comes out engine still runs! I had a set of black sr clocks (which i have broke the perspex on) which look the same on the reverse fit them and there is no problem?! whats up with the white gte clocks. I really want rid of my shabby basic clocks but it seems everytime i try to chage them i end up putting the orignal back on :( any advice on what to do to get the gte clocks to turn off the engine?

windfreek
07-10-11, 01:59 PM
do you have a Dim/dip, daylight running unit in your car? try taking the lamp out of the white clocks that illuminates the oil pressure light, chances are there may be a back feed coming from the dim/dip all the way thru the oil bulb and in turn keeping the ignition live once started

other info may help, is it a MKI or II nova, its year, does it have a rev counter.... they all have slight differences over each one, but usually they all "plug and play", my best guess is a feed traversing the dim/dip and going backwards into the ignition loop

you can also try removing the fuse No18, its a 20A one (or should be) lol