PDA

View Full Version : carb wiring loom into gte HELP!!!

raf24
05-10-11, 07:12 PM
ive got a 'g' reg gte that didnt come with a wiring loom,was pretty much a shell tbh so off i went to the scrappy and found a 1.0 carb model it was also a 'g' reg so took the loom from it,.so questions are;

any other bits i'll need to make everything work? i.e elec windows,central locking?
just really to find out main differences between the gte loom and the carb one if any?
also the fuse box didnt have any relays in it either,what would i need?
and managed to get a c16se engine,so any extra bits of wiring or relays needed for that?

sorry for all the questions but i know people on here will have the answers i need,i also posted it in general because i know more folks will see it

thanks,craig.

Iain
05-10-11, 07:17 PM
You'll need an EW and CL loom if you intend on having these. They're separate looms so should be easy to source. This will need connecting to your fusebox with a few tweaks.

You'll need the engine loom to splice into the carb loom, 6/7 wires to get the engine running and fully working.

You'll need all the relays I reckon, 3/4 of them?

raf24
05-10-11, 07:25 PM
yes i have the engine loom anyway,and the car has the solenoids in the doors,if anybody could give me part numbers for the relays that would be great.

thanks iain.

boyle_46
06-10-11, 01:34 AM
i have a electric window loom and switches here if there any good to you , your best bet would be to contact mowgli , he answered all my questions when i done the 1.0 carb to e16se gte engine swap and he knows what he is talking about hope this helps :)

bazil
06-10-11, 02:06 AM
I should read before posting.

Ignore this post

Edd
06-10-11, 02:38 AM
If you have a c16se I reckon you might have trouble getting that to work with a carb loom as a c16se has a engine loom intergrated into the car loom iirc

mowgli
06-10-11, 07:23 AM
you basically need the complete injection loom & ecus from the c16se donor, which i guess is an astra mk3.
if you fit the nova 1.0 loom into the car, you can make use of pretty much all of the 1.0 engine loom.

you need to remove the bridge wire from the starter solenoid to the coil, and also the coil feed wire (clear coated) needs taking back to the ign switch & replacing with a normal wire, and this becomes the ecu feed.

then you feed the big red on the injection loom from the battery +ve,
the red/blue goes to the efi pump
the green is the rev counter wire, my g reg was a 1.0 & had a green already in the loom
you need to sort out the warning light (EML), its brown & yellow(or white, i forget) most people reuse the choke warning light for this.

the haynes wiring diagrams are pretty good once you get your head round how they are coded & laid out

raf24
06-10-11, 12:16 PM
sorry lads my mistake,its a an e16se and it did come from a nova,any other pointers would be appreciated.

thanks.

mowgli
06-10-11, 02:59 PM
Same info applies then, its just a bit less complicated to wire up as all the efi stuff is in the engine bay.

raf24
06-10-11, 07:54 PM
thats great thanks for the info mowgli

mowgli
06-10-11, 11:03 PM
no worries, just pm me if/when you have trouble

raf24
06-10-11, 11:07 PM
thanks a lot mate,will do.