PDA

View Full Version : 20XE Oil pumps

Mike
04-10-11, 11:02 AM
Its there any difference in oil pumps between an early & late 20XE motor??? Or any difference in crank diameters etc etc.

mowgli
04-10-11, 11:21 AM
the seh shows up an early/late version, with a serial no. cutoff of 14608700, and there appears to be 2 versions on the ecotec, but my ks catalogue goes all vague on the c20xe

sneakycorsa
04-10-11, 04:20 PM
If i remember right its only the case thats different it has a bigger/smaller lug for thetiming cover or for the late type idol roller or summet can't remember 100% but i'm sure somebody will tell us soon lol.

philip
04-10-11, 05:02 PM
lug for backing pltse and the later pump has a threaded block cast onto it for the tensioner

Iain
04-10-11, 05:09 PM
Can be filed back slightly and used with an early backplate though?

jonn
04-10-11, 07:08 PM
i am not sure but from this picture it looks different
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Pete_58/Timingsetupdiagrams.gif

Adam
04-10-11, 08:18 PM
Cambelt cover/cambelt tensioner bolt holes/threads

mowgli
04-10-11, 08:39 PM
can't you just get a gear kit & a new blow off valve & fit them into the old body?

philip
06-10-11, 12:30 PM
i prfer to fit set of steel gears tbh the original housings are better quality than the new gms tbh

Mike
06-10-11, 12:37 PM
Im half tempted to use the original housing Ive got here & just fit new gears & internals. CBA to clean it though as its funking cacked in **** lol lol

mowgli
06-10-11, 02:45 PM
Mike.. Mr muscle oven cleaner, followed by your mum's dishwasher.. You know it makes sense, but the tea cups might taste funny for a couple of days..

Mike
06-10-11, 03:09 PM
Mike.. Mr muscle oven cleaner, followed by your mum's dishwasher.. You know it makes sense, but the tea cups might taste funny for a couple of days..

Ive just stripped the pump down Mike & the casing cracked :S looks like when it was fitted by whoever theyve Heman'd the bolts up & its split the casting.

Another PITA, short block is soooooooooooo close to being finished to!

mowgli
06-10-11, 03:23 PM
Its enough to make you want to kick something when you find out a bodger was there first...

Mike
06-10-11, 03:32 PM
Its enough to make you want to kick something when you find out a bodger was there first...

Well I was sold the engine as non runner for £80 anyway so wasn't expecting it to A1 condition. Altho, on the whole it actually was amazingly :S only damage Ive found so far is (now) this oil pump. Piston crowns are fine, all valves were intact, head is fine etc.

mowgli
06-10-11, 03:34 PM
Fair enough

Mike
06-10-11, 03:38 PM
Fair enough

Got the mamoth task of making an £80 engine run 13.5 or less LOL pissing in the wind comes to mind lol lol

Mike
14-10-11, 10:01 AM
Right so, got a new pump this morning...

However, the old one Ive got had take off for oil cooler, a new one he was supplied with the car has no take off for oil cooler but fits my XE block & crank fine? With regards to a relief valve type affair though, well there isnt one on the new pump???

Confused.net/very

Is it a case of simply putting a sandwich plate on my new & Im away as I could do with getting this bottom end tied up & done ricky tick now.

EDIT: Looking at 2.0 8v & 16v oil pumps on the FAI parts catalouge (website) they all look the same as to what Ive got here?

Iain
14-10-11, 05:33 PM
Yes swap sandwich plate to new pump if you want a cooler, just use the long bolt that goes through the middle of it. Or if you're not bothered about a cooler don't bother

Relief valve, take the one out your current pump and fit that?