PDA

View Full Version : zorst backbox rattling on the rear beam :(

Will
09-07-03, 10:00 PM
As in title, any ideas, its the way the exhaust is positioned at the mo and there doesnt appear to be any way to move it abt much... its knocking badly on the smallest little dimp in the road (so all the time practically) cant be doing much good

ne ideas.....

will

-Bruce-
09-07-03, 10:07 PM
it is hard to tell without seeing it. but i would not think it was the back box because the centre section has the curve in it over the rear beam. but it may depend on the system u have. BUt i would look to raise the centre section up using smaller rubers.

dont know hope this helps( prob not )

CP
09-07-03, 10:10 PM
Has it always done it? Thought it was OK? Sometimes if you undo the joints and twist the pipes it can swing away? or repositon the rubber hangers?

Will
09-07-03, 10:32 PM
it didnt on the 16s, now on 14 inch steelies is does like mad, yer it is back box im certain, its a mk2 sri system and doesnt fit perfect, CP you did a good job making it go on the car in the 1st place (cheers) just have to play abt with it me thinks :)

will

Gazza14SR
09-07-03, 11:27 PM
i had a powerflow system and had a rattling noise recently,

went to them cuz its under guaruntee and it turned out to be one of the hand brake cable clips that had broken off the petrol tank,

this rattled like mad at idle so might be worth checking that.

Will
09-07-03, 11:59 PM
defo backbox, can see where is has rubbed, will have to find time to check, in the mean time going along the road my nova sounds like its made of lego and abt to fall to bits :lol:

bad_boy_nova
10-07-03, 09:04 AM
My nova used to do that. When you lower it, the rear beam moves closer to the exhaust. I lowered mine 60mm and the beam was more or less touching the exhaust. All i did was unscrewed the exhaust clamp that connects the back box to the rest of the system and rotated the back box slightly, then tightened the clamp back up. By doing this, the pipes moved up slightly and cleared the rear beam by about an inch.

Dicko
10-07-03, 09:39 AM
yes this is right

u will see it goes over at an angle, i think it was the actual system i hadto rotate a little.

however might be easier taking it to an exhaust place they charged me ?10 including new rubbers and a new clamp for mine ;)