PDA

View Full Version : help required gearbox change

nova-v6-4x4
03-10-11, 09:48 PM
hi does anyone know if the 5 speed from a corsa on a w reg with 1.2 16v would fit in to my 1.2 8v nova. the nova has the f10 4 speed at minute and would like a 5 speed, and if the corsa one will not fit what are the best options available on the market e.g from mk3 astras or anything similar i havent got a clue about gearboxes and what fits what?

cheers corey

mowgli
04-10-11, 08:00 PM
makes your user name look a touch optimistic........

ok, a corsa 1.2 will have either a f13 or f15 box.
they will bothe fit in exactly where your old f10 is. you will need the shifter box that sits on the top of the corsa gearbox, as they are different on the 5 speed.. you will also need to modify the nova gearstick inside the car for clearance for the extra gear.

you can get the f13 from all of the small block (up to 1600) mk3 astras.

now a 1.2 nova with a 5 speed wide ratio box (f13 wr) with a fairly tall diff (3.94 or 3.74:10 will struggle to pull in top gear, but an f13cr, close ratio box from a gte/gsi/sri will have the same top gear as your existing 4 speed box, but an extra gear to get you there, so acceleration will improve a bit.

nova-v6-4x4
16-10-11, 07:40 PM
Hi Mowgli thanks alot for info, and everyone can dream and other options were taken even my name.