PDA

View Full Version : Nova SR front grille & badge

AJSR
02-10-11, 09:38 AM
Hi all,
Newbie here! Does anyone have suggestions of where I might be able to find a replacement front grille for my '89' SR? I also need a vauxhall bonnet graphic as its been removed at some point and I've had no luck on ebay/googling etc. Thanks in advance lol

Nova00
02-10-11, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the much reduced SR owners
i assume your purchased G434XXX

AJSR
02-10-11, 04:01 PM
Yes that was me, are there really that few around :-(? Or saw it on ebay? Its got a fair bit of rust but appears to be pretty solid underneath - now just need a lotto win :-D

Nova00
02-10-11, 04:50 PM
I refer you to the thread last week

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?177401-Nova-SR-1.4
- I speculated how many left - 1990 nova sr mk1 . "Officially" only 2 left but there are definatelely at least 4 (another one since noted on pistonheads)

Unfortunately, you may well need to win lottery to keep it on the road

AJSR
02-10-11, 06:00 PM
That is an amazing piece of information! I never knew such a website existed. I'm quite happy being in such a select few group. I wonder why there are so fewer 90's as apposed to 89's - rate of production perhaps? Your SR looks fantastic and hats off to you for your dedication in finding her. I am very jealous! Mine is going to the body shop next week to have a chat with the proprietor and hopefully come up with some kind of action plan regarding the rust spots. There have been a few odd goings on in mines history, been resprayed at least once and the side trim has been inexplicably removed.

AJSR
02-10-11, 06:49 PM
Just managed to find the bonnet graffic badge on ebay finally :-)

Nova00
02-10-11, 08:35 PM
I will be very interested in how you get on at the body shop.
There used to lot of 1990 SR's around but most soon had high mileages as were such good cars to drive

That is an amazing piece of information! I never knew such a website existed. I'm quite happy being in such a select few group. I wonder why there are so fewer 90's as apposed to 89's - rate of production perhaps? Your SR looks fantastic and hats off to you for your dedication in finding her. I am very jealous! Mine is going to the body shop next week to have a chat with the proprietor and hopefully come up with some kind of action plan regarding the rust spots. There have been a few odd goings on in mines history, been resprayed at least once and the side trim has been inexplicably removed.