PDA

View Full Version : how to explain drive shafts

chambers1984
01-10-11, 09:39 PM
just sold 2ltr 8v engine + box and 22 spline shafts. Lad took it all then few hours later had his brother on phone sayin i riped him of and that iv give him std nova shaft. Iv tried to explain u need to change inners to mk2 cavs but dont think he gets me as just said the cvs dont fit the f16 box. i think £170 is a good deal? they normaly sell for? Engine £100-£150. Box £50 22 spline Shafts £40-£80 and said oil went all over his van i dont want to sound a t**t but hows that my fault if he didnt strap engine down. rant over i just going mad sitting thinkin about it.

L14MNP
01-10-11, 09:45 PM
Simple really, was he aware that the inner CV's needed changing when he bought the gear, or did you give him the impression that it was ready to go?

Fcuk him either way tbh! He needs to get some girls wrestling in that oil. :)

scott.parker
01-10-11, 09:46 PM
**** them if they have no idea of what there buying or no knowledge of the items then **** them, just tell them to **** off you have explained and if there to thick to understand then **** off! lol

mowgli
01-10-11, 09:48 PM
It passed the warranty line that is at the end of your drive.......
He is probably trying to get a discount...

L14MNP
01-10-11, 09:48 PM
if there to thick

http://www.dadwagon.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/irony.jpg

lol

Definitely the way to roll though. Fcuk everybody!! lol

gary_126
01-10-11, 09:50 PM
sounds reasonable to me, and he sounds like a chancing idiot trying to get free parts/cash back

mowgli
01-10-11, 09:51 PM
Erm... Having re-read it, if it was going to leak, surely the oil will have pissed out of the box when you lifted it into the van

L14MNP
01-10-11, 09:58 PM
Erm... Having re-read it, if it was going to leak, surely the oil will have pissed out of the box when you lifted it into the van

I can only go off what the OP has said, and that is that he reckons it wasn't secured inside the van when it has been sliding about.

chambers1984
01-10-11, 10:01 PM
he seamed ok when he was here. Give me the money and went i thought i was doin a good deal at that price i listed it as 2ltr 8v engine + f16 box and 22 spline shafts. think the oil came out crank sencor hole as there was no sencor in there. That was a gen mistake thow i dont evan remember takin it out. but evan if the engine was on its side it would come out dip stick anyway. I just dont see how sumone can pay for sumthin then get your brother to ring up saying its not right

scott.parker
01-10-11, 10:07 PM
Mate theres a lot of stupid people out there, and you just have to say sod it, you didn't do no wrong, just enjoy your weekend, and your extra cash..

swedge
02-10-11, 05:23 PM
sounds a **** (not you), dosnt anyone always drain the oil when removing the engine? i do anyway

autoworksnovasport
02-10-11, 05:50 PM
he wasnt from birmingham by any chance i had the same thing with a lad from birmingham sold him full conversion kit c20xe to go into corsa and text me day after saying i had ripped him off :confused: i advertised one day sold same day removed from running car next day and was collected but he cudnt get running so i ripped him off some people ehh:thumb:

chambers1984
02-10-11, 06:48 PM
no mate he was not from brum. I dont no why people take on conversions when they are not sure what there buying. I no everyone has to learn but its not the sellers fault. If he would have asked i would have talked him throw everything face to face and evan helped after if he got stuck. neva mind iv calmed down today cheers lads.

mowgli
02-10-11, 06:51 PM
this is because there are loads of people who are truly ignorant & someone says.... oh its easy innit, its a straight swap....and these people believe them.. just look on the bay for unfinished projects... it can be hilarious....