PDA

View Full Version : How important is the Rear Anti Roll Bar Bush

thedjse
01-10-11, 01:55 PM
Is it really that important i have got a poly one for it but i cant get it on ever after swearing at it!!!

Its bolted at either end and moves with the axle im guessing so is it needed?

tommy8252
01-10-11, 02:00 PM
how are you trying to put it on, I managed to pry my roll bar with a big lever and twist the polybush in. But some would argue that a small piece of rubber on a badly designed roll bar isn't going to do much anyway.

thedjse
01-10-11, 02:02 PM
how are you trying to put it on, I managed to pry my roll bar with a big lever and twist the polybush in. But some would argue that a small piece of rubber on a badly designed roll bar isn't going to do much anyway.

Thats what i thought matey i cant see it doing much and doing it on your back isnt much fun tbh

mowgli
01-10-11, 02:08 PM
it has a purpose. maybe the hole is too small & needs a bit of filing... oh & use washing up liquid as the lube on it, and not oil

paul james
01-10-11, 02:09 PM
I would use one, the anti-roll bar adds a lot of strength to the beam and stops it flexing, so the bush can only help with that. Take the bar out if you can't squeeze the bush in with it in place.

tommy8252
01-10-11, 02:10 PM
pry the roll bar with a big screw driver or something and slot the bush in sideways the twist the top and bottom and it should pop on

mowgli
01-10-11, 02:12 PM
it takes literally seconds to drop a rear bar off.

thedjse
01-10-11, 02:51 PM
I have now taken the bar half way out, and tried to put it on but it just does not want to go on lol i will keep trying

Iain
01-10-11, 03:09 PM
If it's a FloFlex one they're renowned for bad fitment so some tweaks may be required. Also is the bush for the thinner type and you have the thicker type maybe?

thedjse
02-10-11, 06:21 PM
If it's a FloFlex one they're renowned for bad fitment so some tweaks may be required. Also is the bush for the thinner type and you have the thicker type maybe?

I think some filing is in order still cant get the ***ker on

MARTIN KELSON
02-10-11, 08:07 PM
I have a FloFlex one
Was bit os a tw*t to get on.

Dunno if it was worth the hastle. Persivere, if Vauxhall intended it to be there & you have one, put it on.

nova_saloon
02-10-11, 10:00 PM
had a floflex to, had to drill the hole out from smaller to bigger to make it fit, but was snug when done