PDA

View Full Version : battlefield 3

swedge
29-09-11, 01:23 PM
anyone getting this weekend, open beta started last night

andy_mk3
29-09-11, 01:26 PM
I'll be getting it soon I hope, just upgraded my PC to play it :)

swedge
29-09-11, 01:28 PM
im downloading the beta just now half the kiddies in the world are downloading it too so its taking a while :)

andy_mk3
29-09-11, 01:29 PM
Cool! :) I might download it overnight. No piint even trying to play it on a 8800GT :(

peester
29-09-11, 01:29 PM
what kind of spec would you reckon will run it ok..?
btw ive a 5570

andy_mk3
29-09-11, 01:31 PM
Here fella: http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-system-requirements/

christurboo
29-09-11, 01:38 PM
you lot play on pc? no ps3?

swedge
29-09-11, 01:51 PM
pc for me

andy_mk3
29-09-11, 01:57 PM
Pc for me too, I have a ps3 but nothing compares to the pc for fps games

swedge
29-09-11, 01:59 PM

yep true, no crappy auto aim on the pc

swedge
29-09-11, 01:59 PM

you have steam?

Pete
29-09-11, 02:02 PM
Bf2:mc was the best one they ever did.
I still play it on my ps2 from time to time :)

swedge
29-09-11, 02:03 PM
Bf2:mc was the best one they ever did.
I still play it on my gaystation from time to time :)

edited for truth

andy_mk3
29-09-11, 02:08 PM
you have steam?

Yeah, I'm andy_mk3 on there :)

I only got BF:BC2 a couple of weeks ago, I'm a bit behind the times! :(

I have a nice HD6950 2GB unlocked to a 6970 coming tomorrow though :)

swedge
29-09-11, 02:10 PM
my beast

AMD Phenom black edition 3.2 quad core
4gb ram
GTX460

built it about a year ago

Pete
29-09-11, 03:53 PM
Note wrong with a PLAYstation, played COD on pc years ago but it was nothing speical for me, can't really be arsed with all the keyboard buttons and having to use the mouse for shooting lol

Lazy I know.

mowgli
29-09-11, 03:58 PM
?http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsxy_9vVe8ofRkQnn2aX7kZMfxibag7 YTF2iFXQJqzwEcsJB_Xng

brainsnova
29-09-11, 04:01 PM
Grand theft auto San andreas is still good on the ps2 and I'm playing another world on the iPhone it was last out on the amiga in 1991

swedge
29-09-11, 04:04 PM
?http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsxy_9vVe8ofRkQnn2aX7kZMfxibag7 YTF2iFXQJqzwEcsJB_Xng

computer games dont mean your a nerd haha, ive been playing compuer games since my mums amstrad thing with the tapes lol

andy_mk3
29-09-11, 09:05 PM
GTA was always better on pc too :)

swedge
29-09-11, 09:52 PM
password for the caspian map is shoppingcartsareagoodride

thats if you can get onto it lol

bazil
29-09-11, 11:22 PM
How the fcuk can you play games on a keyboard???

I'll stick to my playstation ta much,

lol, never tried pc gaming, I've got a decent quad core pc, I'll look at the stickers the morra and see if you can tell me if it's any good

General Baxter
30-09-11, 09:16 AM
iv got it :P

but what you got to remember is,

the console version will be so **** compaired to the pc, as the consoles are limited to the graghics, ram ect: so they desgin the game to it, you just cant up grade them,

stick it on the pc, the world is game,

all the videos of BF3 are done on the pc, so thats the better graphics any way,

swedge, ill be in bf2bc2 tonigh about 9pm if your game :P

fps games on the pc are the bollox, not many ejits can afford a good gaming pc, so they stick to the consoles, leaving the big boys on the pc, where we dont play 'frag' fest, we use skill and squads to win ;)

+ **** paying for extra maps, we get it free on the pc :p

Nebbz
30-09-11, 09:43 AM
AHHHH makes sence now why all the fat people (3 or four skinnies) were lined up at the kiosk for the gaming section in asda at 12 last night lol!

I did ponder if it was this...hmm that means about 3 months with out my bloke around... o_0 we will see if thats a good thing or not! give me a good reason to spend more time fixing the nova after work! :D

brainsnova
30-09-11, 10:30 AM
I would be very surprised nebbz if your project got updated

scott.parker
30-09-11, 10:34 AM
I downloaded the BETA version on ps3, it's alright, but I'm not really into my FPS games that much, and i suck at it! lol

Nebbz
30-09-11, 10:45 AM
I would be very surprised nebbz if your project got updated

ahh got some money to throw away! thats what we have novas for isnt it?

brainsnova
30-09-11, 10:47 AM
The reason I sold mine lol

Nebbz
30-09-11, 11:02 AM
couldnt do that with norman... for a start no one would buy it bar some one of here for spare parts...which then makes me go in to that wont happen because my nova needs another nova for a doner as its well... yea rusted!
So i cant bring my self to scrap it...so then im left with the whole fact im stuck with it and ill just have to make some use out of it! loL!

Ebay purchases tonight thats for sure :P

swedge
30-09-11, 03:07 PM
AHHHH makes sence now why all the fat people (3 or four skinnies) were lined up at the kiosk for the gaming section in asda at 12 last night lol!

I did ponder if it was this...hmm that means about 3 months with out my bloke around... o_0 we will see if thats a good thing or not! give me a good reason to spend more time fixing the nova after work! :D

that would have been fifa i think as bf3 isnt actualy released till next month its only the beta that is play atm

andy_mk3
30-09-11, 03:12 PM
Keyboard and mouse is WAY more accurate than any game controller :p

peester
30-09-11, 05:17 PM
Yeah i agree - am too used to keyboard/mouse from the ol' days to convert to pad, thus far anyway - i downloaded and tried the beta demo on ps3 network; only in 720p so far and very bland colours but moves smoothly enough

scott.parker
30-09-11, 05:21 PM
It might be because I'm nit that good at these games but i just think it's pants, i don't like the glitches, the graphics are not all that at all, it seams quite clunky to me, and the weapons are hard to aim with any acuracy...

Jim
04-10-11, 12:44 PM
It might be because I'm nit that good at these games but i just think it's pants, i don't like the glitches, the graphics are not all that at all, it seams quite clunky to me, and the weapons are hard to aim with any acuracy...
You are right Scott...It's because your not that good at these games ;) The glitches come from early releases. It's difficult to find all the bugs prior to release. The graphics might not be all that due to your pc spec, this will also cause the "clunkiness" The weapons are hard to aim with because that's the way it is. The more you play something the better you will get.

scott.parker
04-10-11, 03:27 PM
Jim im on PS3, if the games not 1080p then it will be a crap imo

peester
04-10-11, 08:42 PM
bf3 beta, currently online, on ps3 is 720p. Yes very bland looking. Itll be bright and sharp final release.
I think the joypad has an aid/auto aim help..? - ill deffo be getting it on pc for mouse/keys combo; it should run ok.
Not been able, thus far, to get online on the pc beta demo. Servers look busy as.

andy_mk3
04-10-11, 10:37 PM
Most console games at 1080p are upscaled though :(

After playing GTA IV on the PC and going back to the PS3 it was like I was playing Vice City again on the PS2, the graphics looked horrendous!

I'm still waiting for my graphics card. Useless derivvery companies!

scott.parker
04-10-11, 10:43 PM
Dave what auto aim, maybe i don't know the controls, this might explain why i cant shoot no one! lol

shrtwrec20
04-10-11, 10:45 PM
+1 on the PC for all fps. Leave the consoles for the kiddies :D

Bubba
04-10-11, 11:02 PM
i use to play CS:Source and MOHAA online, then went to xbox, i still think mouse/keyboard combo is a blatant WIN over controller for FPS.

Jim
05-10-11, 08:50 AM
Jim im on PS3, if the games not 1080p then it will be a crap imo
Fair enough Scott. Didn't twig you were using PS3. You're probably better than me in that case, I can't do FPS on consoles, I need a keyboard and mouse, lol.

scott.parker
05-10-11, 09:16 AM
My best mate was addicted to counter strike a few years back, but a high end PC to me is something i don't need so Ive never gone into PC gaming, and from what he has to do (re build/buy expensive upgrades) when ever a new game comes out etc i could not afford that all the time, plus i hardly have the time to use any of my game consoles now, i got around 22% into GT5 on ps3 then i have not played it in 4-5 months..

Nebbz
05-10-11, 09:28 AM
saw the advert for this game, i have to admit i dont care much for it..its the same as all the bloody others!

Dead island is quite good though, although i'm not too good a it. i get scared and killed lol!

swedge
05-10-11, 11:30 AM
haha i have dead island for the pc, its quite fun especially when they spit at you from round dark corners lol

Nebbz
05-10-11, 11:32 AM
Well i couldnt say it was fun! i felt like i was in a real life horror with how stressed out i got trying to play it, then you run out of steam when your running away... jesus i failed misurably and swiftly returned the controler to the husband lmao! (well hes not but after 6 years might aswell be!)

Jim
05-10-11, 12:33 PM
My best mate was addicted to counter strike a few years back, but a high end PC to me is something i don't need so Ive never gone into PC gaming, and from what he has to do (re build/buy expensive upgrades) when ever a new game comes out etc i could not afford that all the time, plus i hardly have the time to use any of my game consoles now, i got around 22% into GT5 on ps3 then i have not played it in 4-5 months..
Been there, lol. Must have been about 10 years ago. I used to play Counter Strike during lunch at work, I'd get home, play CS till 9pm, get some dinner then play till 12am. That was most weekday evenings. On Fridays I would get home and play till 2am, same on Saturday. I dread to think how much time I spent playing that game and how much money I spent on upgrading my pc. Can't remember what happened but I just stopped one day. Very rarely play games these days. I've had Assassins Creed 2 & Brotherhood for the PS3 since August and not played them yet, lol.

andy_mk3
05-10-11, 09:01 PM
Got my new graphics card today and BF:BC2 is STILL freezing :(

swedge
27-10-11, 04:09 PM
few of my mates received theres today who else? ill be getting the mother to go pick me up a copy tomorrow

andy_mk3
27-10-11, 04:42 PM
I've gotta wait until I get paid tomora lol

swedge
27-10-11, 04:49 PM
i got paid today but im working tonight and tomorrow but ill get a game in before work tomorrow i hope

my mates have a server of thier own already so we dont get any retards fcking about on it

andy_mk3
27-10-11, 04:57 PM
I'll download it from origin probs

swedge
03-11-11, 04:43 PM
my name on origin is either swedge or swedge87

so whats your oppinion on the game then?

scott.parker
03-11-11, 05:23 PM
Got it on PS3 and Ive only played it in Single player Campaign upto where you climbed out from the rubble after the earth quake, not sure how to knife them guys without being seen yet! lol

So far the single player campaign is very very good, much better then some games similar i have played, realy got engrossed..

Bubba
03-11-11, 06:03 PM
im currently rocking out on multiplayer :p campaign i thought was very good....pretty hard on normal too.

swedge
04-11-11, 06:24 AM
I've not even played single player yet, I'm too busy on multiplayer with 3 mates flying round in the chopper as engineers killing every tank in site

10\10 from me anyway

Jack
04-11-11, 08:03 AM
PC gaming > console gaming.

And as for upgrades, I just wait til games are like 5+ years old, then the tech required to run them is pennies and the games are usually freely available too lol Sure limited online multiplayer by that time but online gaming is for nerds. lol

My i5-760 plays Interstate '76 pretty well. lol

General Baxter
04-11-11, 11:05 AM
haha i have dead island for the pc, its quite fun especially when they spit at you from round dark corners lol

yes but going from far cry2, battlefield, fall out 3, this game feels so so so slow lol

swedge
04-11-11, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyN_Zjw4l-s

bring on wake island :):):):):):):)