PDA

View Full Version : Car covers-tax

Jeff16v
28-09-11, 07:53 PM
If a car is covered are dvla vans guys aloud to remove them?

Lewis.
28-09-11, 08:04 PM
if it's parked on a road I would imagine so. and even if they aren't allowed, I bet they still would

Will F
28-09-11, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a poor attempt to evade tax to me. Which is what the DVLA will think and would (I guess) would have reasonable grounds etc...

Pistol Pete
28-09-11, 08:33 PM
if it's parked on a road i would imagine so. And even if they aren't allowed, i bet they still would

whs.

TBH, just tax it or sorn it. Cant understand the issue?

Andy
28-09-11, 08:36 PM
You get fined anyway!!! lol
Aint just a visual these days its all on computer lol
Fail

Jeff16v
28-09-11, 08:37 PM
Can't tax is as the Mot expired And the buggers playing up so can't Mot it, Electrical demons are doing my head in, don't have anywhere to store it either.

Yea, is a piss poor attempt at hiding it, lol

Jeff16v
28-09-11, 08:39 PM
Sounds like a poor attempt to evade tax to me. Which is what the DVLA will think and would (I guess) would have reasonable grounds etc...
Do you have a let loom lying around?

Jack
28-09-11, 08:39 PM
Short answer - no.

Longer answer - No, what they should do is report the vehicle to the police who will prosecute the owner. The law states a tax disc should be 'exhibited', i.e. visible. Not to mention if the car cover obscures the registration plates, thats another offence right there. The police should arrive, and I believe they'd have the power to remove the cover and get car details with effect to charge the owner.

This all assumes the car is parked on a road btw. If the car is off road, on private land (I'm thinking driveway here, not communal parking) then I figure you'd probably be Ok. Of course if you need to display a parking permit, then thats probably all covered by the permit T&Cs.

Pistol Pete
28-09-11, 08:41 PM
Can't tax is as the Mot expired And the buggers playing up so can't Mot it, Electrical demons are doing my head in, don't have anywhere to store it either.

Yea, is a piss poor attempt at hiding it, lol

Sorn it till its fixed then. Yes its a faff, but beats getting a fine!

Andy
28-09-11, 08:44 PM
Its a failing to display

Mike
28-09-11, 08:48 PM
Its a failing to display

This.

You can also get done if the dashboard vin plate is covered. As my dad found out lol

turbojolt
28-09-11, 09:18 PM
You can't keep a sorn car on the road even if its not moving

Lewis.
28-09-11, 09:33 PM
This.

You can also get done if the dashboard vin plate is covered. As my dad found out lol

how? many cars don't even have a plate on the dash.

Benn
28-09-11, 09:38 PM
^new cars more so. Mot can be failed on it too. As my mate found.

Jeff16v
28-09-11, 09:56 PM
Complete world of fail at the moment for me then, if the black one don't start behaving itself it's getting broken!

Andy
28-09-11, 09:58 PM
Complete world of fail at the moment for me then, if the black one don't start behaving itself it's getting hi-ab'd!
edited for reality so get ya finger out!

Jeff16v
28-09-11, 10:01 PM
edited for reality so get ya finger out!
That actually cheered me up, lol

Southie
28-09-11, 10:04 PM
Put the black one on top of your red one, the red ones got tax so nothing they (dvla) can do about it lol

Jeff16v
28-09-11, 10:07 PM
Put the black one on top of your red one, the red ones got tax so nothing they (dvla) can do about it lol
Win! Lol

Mike
28-09-11, 10:11 PM
how? many cars don't even have a plate on the dash.

From about 99 onwards nearly every single one does.

Jack
29-09-11, 01:01 PM
I always wondered what that barcode was lol

So its the VIN number in barcode form?

So I can find any random new(ish) car with one? Note the reg plate and grab the VIN number?

http://www.ragemaker.net/images/Victorious/awww%20yeah.jpg

Peanut_119
29-09-11, 02:11 PM
i have been thinking about this, if i got a car cover and made it so that the tax is visible (cut a hole, and fit a perspex section) am i still breaking any laws if its parked on the road?

the reason for this is, i live on a main road with no drive and i dont want my car to be peppered with grit again this year as i wont be using it as much over winter

L14MNP
29-09-11, 02:32 PM
So I can find any random new(ish) car with one? Note the reg plate and grab the VIN number?

Not if it's got a car cover over it. lol

Jack
29-09-11, 02:54 PM
i have been thinking about this, if i got a car cover and made it so that the tax is visible (cut a hole, and fit a perspex section) am i still breaking any laws if its parked on the road?

the reason for this is, i live on a main road with no drive and i dont want my car to be peppered with grit again this year as i wont be using it as much over winter
You can get covers which have windows in them for this purpose.

Don't forget the reg plates also need to be visible!

Peanut_119
29-09-11, 03:09 PM
think i might have to put clean sections in for the number plates aswell, but in theory as long as the tax disk and number plates are on show then everything is legal

swedge
29-09-11, 04:25 PM
my cars on the road atm with no number plate displayed and no front bumper and no lights and no grill lol

oh yeah and its on stands lol, police drive passed all the time and never say anything lol

Riggy
29-09-11, 05:43 PM
off topic but i have a let loom if your stuck jeff

Jeff16v
29-09-11, 05:56 PM
off topic but i have a let loom if your stuck jeff
is it a pukka one? PM me how much Riggy, ive repaired it so many times its dissolving in front of me!

phunkynova
29-09-11, 07:21 PM
I've got get some strong rope and suspend your car between two lamp post or trees if available and then it's no long on the road :dlol:thumb:
Problem solved.:p