PDA

View Full Version : computer probs

jatinder
09-07-03, 05:13 PM
Hi this is really annoying, Basicly when posting on message boards, not just novaload, after i login the computer will forget my login information, this will happen every couple of minutes, And i dont know why this is happening?? also I cannot upload any pictures, wither on the novaload album, yahoo or anywere else for that matter, i cannot send emails with attachments either. I have just delted XP and formatted the hardrive, and reintalled it, I have not installed any software, no anti virus software. and it still keeps happening!!!kI phone ntl broadband help and they said its nothing to do with them anyone got any ideas, ive searched microsoft but have had no luck its driving me crazy :o

wisewood
10-07-03, 10:11 AM
The thing forgetting your login details is a cookies problem, or then again it could be a problem with your browser handling the session_start() information in php but i dont see why it would struggle with that at all.

Make sure cookies are enabled on your machine in the internet explorer settings.

Also - try downloading netscape and use that instead and see if the problem persists.

Dicko
10-07-03, 10:16 AM
when you say sending emails do you mean from a web based account like hotmail or from your proper ntl account?

in internet explorer go into tools then internet options, delete all the cookies, then go to the privacy tab and set that to low.

if that dont work you could try having a mess in the 'advanced section of that' if it all goes t1ts up just cl;ick on restore defualts

jatinder
11-07-03, 09:08 AM
with emails its my yahoo and hotmail account, im really fed up ive tried all the above im gonna phone up dell computers and see if they can help.

Dicko
11-07-03, 09:39 AM
ok its defo gonna be based on a a problem with internet explorer

have you tried going on the microsoft website and downloaded some updates might help?

dan_mk1
11-07-03, 10:24 AM
tried service packing it?? Service pack 1's available for XP

Dicko
11-07-03, 10:40 AM
when you say your gonna call dell does that mean the comp is from dell? and did u use the good old dell service disk or wotever its called. or did they give you a normal copy of XP?