PDA

View Full Version : Manifold and Carb

totusbt
26-09-11, 11:10 PM
Hi

I am fitting a 1.4 Corsa high torque single point inj into my 1991 Nova 1.4 SR, I am looking for a Manifold and Carb to fit onto the eng so I can get rid of the Inj.

Prefer a twin choke setup but will consider anything to get me going

cheers

Brian

totusbt
03-10-11, 10:29 AM
Still looking there must be a few lying in the back of sheds where a redtop has been fitted

cheers

Brian

garyc
03-10-11, 01:44 PM
If it was me I'd stick with the injection! There isnt a matching manifold to that head, although in stock rod racing they fit the 1300 or 1400 inlet and twin choke carb. I have the 1300 inlet and carb for sale, PM if thats any use.

mowgli
03-10-11, 02:06 PM
if you are planning to use the sr dizzy setup, then why not knock up an adaptor to fit your sr carb to the spi manifold? it should be easy. you will have to work out how to pump the fuel up to it, so you could also fit the 1.4 cam & carrier.

totusbt
03-10-11, 08:43 PM
garyc (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/member.php?7487-garyc) pm sent

mowgli
the car came as a shell with no eng, I thought I had a dizzy setup but thats not materialised! (another wantted thread needed)
When fitting a carb I was just going to fit a Electric fuel pump, it wouls appear that no other manifold fits my 1.4 eng so an adaptor may be the way forward

cheers

Brian