PDA

View Full Version : FACEBOOK - New Timeline

Southie
26-09-11, 12:56 PM
Well I don't use Facebook but was pointed to the by someone at work, it's similar to timemachine interface on the mac to me. Discuss!

FACEACHECLICKY (http://www.facebook.com/about/timeline)

Alex J
26-09-11, 01:26 PM
whats a mac? we talking big mac?

Southie
26-09-11, 01:32 PM
No its something that keeps the rain off your back, sarky sod :p

Alex J
26-09-11, 01:42 PM
i thought this kept water of your back??
http://www.toolboxsupplies.co.uk/products/A-E/CUPDBAB5L.JPG

Southie
26-09-11, 01:50 PM
Your bloody quackers lol

Tanya.
26-09-11, 02:07 PM
I can see them losing a few fans if they change it to that without giving you the option. There's uproar every time they change a little thing, my news feed always gets jammed with whinging lol.

Nebbz
26-09-11, 02:51 PM
I can see them losing a few fans if they change it to that without giving you the option. There's uproar every time they change a little thing, my news feed always gets jammed with whinging lol.

you and me both on that one, drives me mad! its almost as if their lives revolve around facebook o_0 granted the little changes are annoying some times, i.e last night i made a friend by accident on there...never met them before though haha

Hayley
26-09-11, 04:06 PM
I get used to the changes but what I dont like is having to change my security settings every 5 mins coz facebook decides that I do want to share everything with any old joe bloggs even though yesterday, my settings said I didnt! grr

TeddyThom
26-09-11, 04:21 PM
You will get used to the changes made before they will even contemplate listening to everyone's complaints. There has been a campaign for a dislike button for ages now, and yet facebook developers STILL haven't listened...

Jack
26-09-11, 04:28 PM
Dislike will never get dnoe - its too negative.

That vid though, I only watched the first 21 seconds as all I saw was "this is a rip of Google's TV campaign". Which it blatantly is!

Anyway, who puts their entire life on facebook...

Andy
26-09-11, 05:58 PM
"john spudly paddock" does LOL

Spudly
26-09-11, 06:11 PM
Haha very funny no i dont Andy, although for someone who hates FB you seem to know a hell of a lot about it!

I really dont like the new layout as all i view are status updates, how the hell do you do that now, oh yes you cant, you can see something that someone did yesterday, something someone else did an hour ago and then something else from about eight hours ago!

I want to see what people are upto now, not in some random ghey order!

Google+ ftw it seems, as FB seem to be pushing people to use that instead!

Andy
26-09-11, 08:13 PM
Nah,i sometimes message customers on there when they have inboxed me/lynne for prices etc,its not even a full account its a sub account of Lynnes,that said when i go on i see your at "burger king Stoneferry etc" "trenton renault"
Thats the type of knacker status phailage i rant about!!
LOL

MK999
26-09-11, 08:17 PM

My solution to this is to delete whingy *******s whose lives revolve around pretending to have 21,000 friends on the internet lol

turbojolt
26-09-11, 08:19 PM
Load of noise about nothing still works for me, helps me keep in contact with family and old friends I don't get the chance to really meet up with anymore great tool Facebook imo

steviegsi
26-09-11, 09:27 PM
I joined Facebook the other day to see what it was all about. After 1 day of looking up all the fanny I went to school with, and talking to a few people I haven't seen in ages, I'm a little lost with what happens now apart from leaving hilarious messages on people's pictures.

Each to thier own but my mates wife posted on his asking what he wanted for dinner, 6 messages later back forth they decided a takeaway was the way forward. Now, why would you use your mobile to go online, log in, to and fro for twenty minutes with the world watching, when using the same device you could phone or send a message... 5 minutes later , sorted.

Edit - and why did I read it and regurgitate it on a vauxhall nova forum .... The world has gone mad.

Andy
26-09-11, 09:30 PM
And thats exactly my point,people just tard around on it.Its attention seeking.

Southie
26-09-11, 09:36 PM
Even worse is that couple asking about there dinner were probably sat in the same fecking room, saddos lol

steviegsi
26-09-11, 09:38 PM
But thinking about it, is that not what each of us come on here for? For the number of posts/threads on here, there are quite a few unrelated to novas or even cars in general!

steviegsi
26-09-11, 09:41 PM
Even worse is that couple asking about there dinner were probably sat in the same fecking room, saddos lol

To be fair they were in separate places, but one mate sent me a message today when he was about 20 feet away. If I had a snickers he would have got it bounced of his head and told to quit his jibber jabber, I just called him a cock instead.

Southie
26-09-11, 09:41 PM
Meh it passes time lol

steviegsi
26-09-11, 09:44 PM
Steven likes this^ lol