PDA

View Full Version : What Price?

blingmachine
09-07-03, 02:54 PM
my car has just gone into the body shop to have a shit loda work done, What you reckon is a fair price for all this:

De-locked
De-indecatered
new mirrors connected upto indicators
Extensively rolled arches
Stiffened suspenshion (using existing suspension)
Bonnet vent cut into bonnet
Bonnet re-structured and strenghend
full bodykit blendedin
Tailgate modified to fit spoilor
Full shell re-spray in ferrari red

they said it will take one month, is this good

Breeny
09-07-03, 03:39 PM
Stiffened suspenshion (using existing suspension)

hmmmmmmmmmm

Bonnet re-structured and strenghend

also hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bout ?700.

Nova-Boy
09-07-03, 03:45 PM
all that for ?700? I wanna know where you get your car sprayed breeny!! I would say more than that ?1500 for all the work.

Whats with the suspension and what are they doing to the boot to get the spoiler to fit? Couldn't they mod the spoiler to fit the boot or does it now work like that?

ade
09-07-03, 05:17 PM
LOL - stiffened suspension using existing suspension - how're they gonna do that then? Is it a performance suspension kit already? or are they gonna weld the springs together (thinks of the mad sniff petrol website wisewood posted where audi threw out suspension to make rock hard ride! :lol: )

I reckon ?1200 but if its in the shop he's already got a figure written down as a quote to allow them to start work on the car

I hope you have anyway other wise you'll find it sprialing out of control or they'll do a crap job

unless its a back hander from a m8 in which case 8 cans of lager and a pack of silk cut

blingmachine
09-07-03, 06:11 PM
well, just got back from the bodyshop, it's been there a week and a half and they only just put two wheels on. U could say im fuckin pissed.

Well i wondered that aswell about the suspension but now there sayin that it needs new springs.

The spoiler hits the roof so i thought that they would alter the compression of the boot so it would'nt open that far, now they just turned round and said go get a new spoiler.

Plus the quoted me 3K for all that and now there saying that it's gonna cost more. :o

whitey
09-07-03, 06:34 PM
LMAO!

You could get most bodyshops to source a bodykit, fit it, strip the car, spray it in flip paint and do welding til your hearts content for 3K!

Go back to them with some other quotes from other bodyshops with a GOOD reputation!

If they slag em down then just say have you had any mag features etc and so on!

If they don't lower the price to below 1.5K for all that then tell them to shove a fat cock up their arses!

tonydry
09-07-03, 06:51 PM
i paid just over 3k for my body work and spray that included wide arch kit front and rear bumpers delocked smooth boot and flip paint witch cast 250 a litre

blingmachine
09-07-03, 06:52 PM
well its doing me head in so im thinking of selling up and getting a pulsar

anyone know a good body shop around the bexleyheath area

Jim
09-07-03, 10:38 PM
Get your car away from their as soon as you can, sounds like a joke. Stiffening standard susspension?

"Cowboys" springs to mind.

Jim

Breeny
09-07-03, 10:54 PM
I wanna know where you get your car sprayed breeny!!

The number is in my feature.. Say you know Graeme that had the blue and red novas and you'll get a very good price... and top quality work also. He's a busy bloke though so be prepared to wait.

I'm sure a lot of people can vouch for the quality of his workmanship on my cars. :)

privatepie
10-07-03, 09:51 PM
well its doing me head in so im thinking of selling up and getting a pulsar

anyone know a good body shop around the bexleyheath area

i no a gd body shop in streatham called faulsbroke motors (i fink) couple of ppl i no work there i can show u sum pics or there work if ya want and they r gd at custom work
martin

brian
11-07-03, 12:08 AM
cowboys........cowboys.........cowboys