PDA

View Full Version : (E16SE) Coolant Wire??

matt_vaughan
25-09-11, 12:21 PM
I've got a spare wire from my coolant temperature sender in the end of the head, its a blue one with a spade connector on the end. Where does it go?

Mike
25-09-11, 12:29 PM
IIRC theres a sensor on the block (?) on E16's that it clips onto.

Spudly
25-09-11, 12:35 PM
Isnt it in the same place on the cam end of the block that all small blocks keep it, im sure it goes onto a sensor/stud on there:thumb:

Mike
25-09-11, 12:38 PM
Isnt it in the same place on the cam end of the block that all small blocks keep it, im sure it goes onto a sensor/stud on there:thumb:

Ahh yeah yeah yeah, under the dizzy isnt it??

matt_vaughan
25-09-11, 12:40 PM
that sensor is plugged in. but i cant see a spade that the blue wire with the spade goes onto?

Also, I've got a black 2 pin plug too which I cant find the recipient for? It comes out from between injector 2 and 3.

Mike
25-09-11, 12:42 PM
that sensor is plugged in. but i cant see a spade that the blue wire with the spade goes onto?

Also, I've got a black 2 pin plug too which I cant find the recipient for? It comes out from between injector 2 and 3.

Noo, the spade connector clips onto a brass nipple (like on an SR inlet manifold).

Black plug between injector loom could be EGR?

Been about 3 years since I last had an E16 motor so its all abit vaug :S

Spudly
25-09-11, 12:49 PM

Ahh yeah yeah yeah, under the dizzy isnt it??

Ummm, Moike, the dizzy is usually kept on the opposite end of the block to the cam end (although i meant cam belt end but wasnt very clear lol)

And iirc E16SE is GTE engine and therefore no egr:p

Mike
25-09-11, 12:52 PM
Ummm, Moike, the dizzy is usually kept on the opposite end of the block to the cam end (although i meant cam belt end but wasnt very clear lol)

And iirc E16SE is GTE engine and therefore no egr:p

Cant remember lol they do have EGR though, both of mine did as I removed them from the inlet manifold.

Spudly
25-09-11, 12:55 PM
Really, thats something i didnt know, i was always led to believe that it was the later 'eco' engines that used egr setup?

Mike
25-09-11, 01:00 PM
Thinking about it, I dont even think on an E16 there electronic actually :S really cannot remember?!