PDA

View Full Version : 1300 turbo conversion - few more questions

Edd
25-09-11, 08:02 AM
I'm trying to slowly get together all the bits I need for the conversion, few more questions have popped up tho

I'll be using a C16SE cam and housing

Will I be able to use the coilpack from the C16 with Megasquirt?
Or if not, what do I use?

I'm also considering using the rocker cover from a E/C16SE, mainly because it has a breather take off, I'm thinking that I could blank off the breather box on the back of the block, and connect the rocker cover to the TB instead

A good idea?
was thinking it might help the engine breath better?

I have a 1300 head that has 1mm oversized valves, and a 13SB bottom end with low comp pistons in

Would I be better off fitting a C/E16SE head to my standard 13SB bottom end tho?
As the 1600 head has larger valves as standard, so if they were inlarged it would flow more air?

Best place for getting head work done?

What will the compression ratio be with a standard 1300 bottom end and a 1600 head?

Sorry for the list of questions, just want it get it all straight in my head before buying more bits

Any help/imput/advice would be great :)

Edd

Lewis.
25-09-11, 08:10 AM
the one thing I would say, is don't connect the breathers to the inlet! connect them to a catch tank/chassis leg/road as engines don't really like sucking in oiley vapour

Edd
25-09-11, 08:21 AM
Breather box to a TB, is standard tho? Might look into catch tank if it will be better

Lewis.
25-09-11, 08:40 AM
it's only like that as standard because the manufacturer can't vent it to atmosphere, and nobody would ever remember to drain a breather tank lol

Stuart
25-09-11, 08:44 AM
Tricky one.... the breather shouldnt be humping heavily oiled vapour out (thats what the separator is for), and being sucked out will give a negative pressure in the bottom end which makes the engine rev easier. Just venting to the atmosphere might be enough for most though.

I'd get a non amplified Corsa Coilpack (or one from a Ford thats not edith) and run that for the ign.

As for the CR, you will need to measure that to be honest. I have a C16SE head here I can measure although I dont know if its ever been skimmed etc.

Novasport
25-09-11, 09:08 AM
The Irmscher injection inlet has cathedral shaped ports so may not fit the C16SE head.

nova_stee
25-09-11, 09:11 AM
connecting a brether to the inlet will need a one way valve in the pipe otherwise it will blow boost in to the engine.
Dont blank the lower breather on the block off because it will cause back presure duee to having to try breath through the oil ways.
Just stick with the 1.3 breather there the best ones in my eyes

Stuart
25-09-11, 09:14 AM
hook up the breather to the pre turbo hoses ;)

turbo-boy
25-09-11, 10:06 AM
if it was me i would be be useing a stanard non skimmed c16se head and cam box and inlet manifold and coil pack and , as the head on a 13 block will lower the compression and using the c16se managemnt u can use different injectors and use a different map sensor if ur using aftermarget management

Edd
25-09-11, 10:46 AM
I did think it would lower the C/R, need to find out by how much
Anyone know how to work this out? Can I do it at home?

I really want to keep my Irmscher inlet manifold on there tbh, I'm sure the ports match up Rich? What shape ports does a 1600 head have?

What coilpack you using on yours turbo-boy? Standard?

Stu, what models of Corsa's have a non amplified coilpack? How do I tell?

Stuart
25-09-11, 04:32 PM
sig link for compression ratio calculator ;) Lots of google sources tell you how to measure the relevant bits to put in the calculator.