PDA

View Full Version : just spotted (tidy?) gsi on breakers site

Ste_Nova
09-07-03, 01:59 PM
http://www.simpson-salvage.co.uk/item.php?t=B&makemodel=Vauxhall&trimlevel=&fueltype=&pics=pics&orderby=MakeModel&t=B&value=110329

wisewood
09-07-03, 02:10 PM
thats not bad, not bad at all.

elsey197
09-07-03, 02:14 PM
That look quite clean from the front, looks as if it could be cleaned up pretty easily.

That look like a good breakers yard to have local, it has a Tigra with a 1.6 16v in and a set of alloys, these would be good for a conversion

Ste_Nova
09-07-03, 02:27 PM
That look quite clean from the front, looks as if it could be cleaned up pretty easily.

it's a cat B break only

elsey197
09-07-03, 02:36 PM
oh yeah, cant see what wrong with it though, must be rotten underneath :(

ade
09-07-03, 02:50 PM
guarantee it'll be mor stripped that the pics show. And will prob need welding somewhere - outer skin looks clean enuff though...

Why is it there are never any "decent" cars in scrappys. All the ones near me are full if crappy old cars and 1 ltr novas. Never get any 1/2 decent ones - or astras/cavs etc...

:roll:

Ste_Nova
09-07-03, 03:43 PM
oh yeah, cant see what wrong with it though, must be rotten underneath :(

it's not a scrap yard... it's a salvage/breakers....

that gsi has been stolen so maybe run on false plates or no id etc etc meaning shell crush

bfuller
09-07-03, 03:44 PM
theres only 1 nova at my local scrapyard, and its on top of a pile of astras, i had to scale the mountain to get myself a light switch :o

Nova-Boy
09-07-03, 03:48 PM
Why is it there are never any "decent" cars in scrappys. All the ones near me are full if crappy old cars and 1 ltr novas. Never get any 1/2 decent ones - or astras/cavs etc...

:roll:

They wouldn't be in a scrappy if they were decent! lol. There is a spot by me that is full of cavs and astras but only has about 6 1.2 Novas!! :roll:

Dave_Hay
09-07-03, 04:07 PM
buy it fit a valver and sell it to me steve :P

Dicko
09-07-03, 04:17 PM
nice carpet tile for drivers mat :D

hard wearing :D

Ben (lurk75)
09-07-03, 11:15 PM
that gsi has been stolen so maybe run on false plates or no id etc etc meaning shell crush

If this was the case then if there is no idetifaible marks on the car, the Police cannot prove that it is definately stolen so are unable to keep it from the person who owned it when confiscated, it will have the ringed id removed and be replaced by a lovely Q plate!

Ste_Nova
09-07-03, 11:25 PM
or the yard will break it if they think they will make more money!

Ben (lurk75)
10-07-03, 08:06 AM
Yes but how would it get into the yard? for that the police need to confiscate it and send it there, wich they cant do as they cant prove that it doesnt belong to anyone.

So the person who has it in there possesion has the largest claim to it.

Ste_Nova
10-07-03, 10:33 AM
it's a huge yard

they get all the stolen stuff, crashed stuff, police recovery stuff

Ben (lurk75)
10-07-03, 05:07 PM
lol im not arguing that, i am saying if it was an unidetifiable ringer then the police must hand it back to the person they took it off and not sell it to a yard.

Ste_Nova
10-07-03, 05:12 PM
what if it's stolen and the peep claims on the ins

Ben (lurk75)
10-07-03, 05:24 PM
They must be able to find a distinguishing mark.

If you were to steal a car and remove every identifable mark eg: chassis numbers, vin plates, engine numbers and a few other hidden ones. You can then just clone the car with another ones identity until you get pulled (some never do) Then they will take the car off you and take it to the workshop where they will pull it apart looking for any numbers that are hidden etc. If they cannot prove that the car is stolen, they also cant prove that it dosent belong to you so they issue you with a Q plate registration and hand the car back to you.

As easy as that :!:

Few more little bits involved but not a great deal, dont want to go into it on here in depth.

Ste_Nova
10-07-03, 06:20 PM
ste pm's ben about the hidden stuff... cause the astra on his drive has a hole next to the drivers seat :roll:

Ben (lurk75)
10-07-03, 06:47 PM
lol i had an orion that had a hole next to the drivers seat and took it for an MOT and when he told me it passed i snatched the certificate and said what about the hole in the sill... his words were "ahh didnt wanna poke about too much, its a nice car" :lol: :lol: :lol: