PDA

View Full Version : Vectra GSI seats in a Nova?

Pete
24-09-11, 10:27 PM
Can it be done? My friend is breaking his astra gsi, and has offered me the seats for £30 as I've helped him strip the astra.

sport
24-09-11, 10:31 PM
For the sake of 30 quid give it ago mate :)

autoworksnovasport
24-09-11, 10:33 PM
you just need a set of poverty speck seats to hack up (incase you get it wrong) so you still have your originals to go back in (i can help with the pov seats if needed)

Pete
24-09-11, 10:41 PM
I was thinking that, if they don't fit, up on the bay they go. I'm 99.9% certain the fronts will with a bit of tweaking, the rears I'm not too sure, they bolts onto the inner arches and then onto the floor pan. The bottom bench is ment to have brackets, but I'll see if I can make anything happen with the existing ones.

I'll pm about pov seats if they won't go straight in :) thanks for heads up tho

Bubba
25-09-11, 12:53 AM
yes, my mate put them in his more door but welded rails in for them

Pete
25-09-11, 06:26 AM
Bar welding the rails bubba, was it pretty straight forward?

Ben
25-09-11, 05:55 PM
do you like to use your handbrake lol

Nobby
25-09-11, 06:05 PM
do you like to use your handbrake lol

lol

Mike
25-09-11, 06:17 PM
Yes it can be done. Kevsters old white Nova had them fitted.

Pete
25-09-11, 07:10 PM
Don't say that Ben :( is it really that hard to use once there in?

Anyone got any pics of them fitted at all? Or am I pissing in the wind?

Bubba
25-09-11, 07:16 PM
Bar welding the rails bubba, was it pretty straight forward?

i think so. no idea where it is atm, he's given up on it for the time being.

Pete
26-09-11, 06:50 PM
Well picked them up today, trial fitted them and the rears don't bloody fit... About 4" too long.

If anyone has fitted any, can i get some advice on how to fit them, bar re-trimming a nova bench.

Bubba
26-09-11, 08:05 PM
i spoke to my mate about how hard it was to fit the front....his exact replay was "a ****ing ballache" he had to make all his own rails and everything.

Pete
26-09-11, 08:13 PM
Looking at it today bubba, I had the vectra fronts in before i got these, they had just been welded onto the nova runners, so I think I can do that one,
It's the rears that's getting on my tits now, bar hammering the steel base in a little to allow clearance on the arches I don't know what else to do.

MK999
26-09-11, 08:14 PM
i spoke to my mate about how hard it was to fit the front....his exact replay was "a ****ing ballache" he had to make all his own rails and everything.

Bull, same as fitting any seat to a nova that doesn't just bolt in, you get a set of GSi frames, and cut half of the frames of the new seats off, and weld the 2 together. In extreme cases you might just need 2m of box section/angle/whatevers in the garage. It's an afternoons work.

Mike
26-09-11, 08:14 PM
Youll never get the rears in, I just assumed (naturally!) you only meant the fronts...

MK999
26-09-11, 08:15 PM
Looking at it today bubba, I had the vectra fronts in before i got these, they had just been welded onto the nova runners, so I think I can do that one,
It's the rears that's getting on my tits now, bar hammering the steel base in a little to allow clearance on the arches I don't know what else to do.

Same as calibra seats, use the newer foam etc on the nova base, cut it down at the sides and stretch it to it.

Bubba
26-09-11, 08:26 PM
Bull, same as fitting any seat to a nova that doesn't just bolt in, you get a set of GSi frames, and cut half of the frames of the new seats off, and weld the 2 together. In extreme cases you might just need 2m of box section/angle/whatevers in the garage. It's an afternoons work.

it was a more door. im sure they have different rails to 3dr

MK999
26-09-11, 08:28 PM
it was a more door. im sure they have different rails to 3dr

Why would anyone want to put better seats in a more door? The idea is to take them out of scrappers lol

Bubba
26-09-11, 08:31 PM
Why would anyone want to put better seats in a more door? The idea is to take them out of scrappers lol

mint shell...now sat with a LET in it. proper sleeper.

i say sleeper....it sleeps...since he cba to finish it

Ben
26-09-11, 11:40 PM
mint shell...now sat with a LET in it. proper sleeper.

i say sleeper....it sleeps...since he cba to finish it

No such thing as a nova sleeper these days, i am more shocked if it doesnt tourqe steer like a slag from a set of lights!

w_wall_2001
27-09-11, 01:19 PM
i put them in my nova, if you look in projects there are pics in there. the fronts are straight forward i made little brackets so they bolt in but the back have no chance, best way is re cloth rear nova bench

Pete
27-09-11, 03:40 PM
Thanks for advice guys, well I've sided from the gsi seats now, and got some vectra Sri seats off a friend, the half leather ones, Which are pretty straight forward and to be honest I prefer the way they look.

But really appreciate all the info guys :)

Ben
27-09-11, 11:09 PM
the half leather sri seats are the best seats out of any vectra!

John
27-09-11, 11:16 PM
No such thing as a nova sleeper these days, i am more shocked if it doesnt tourqe steer like a slag from a set of lights!

Flol