PDA

View Full Version : My worst 6 months so far...

Jim
09-07-03, 11:41 AM
For those of you that didn't know, I've spent the last 6 months wondering if I was going to be getting my P45 at the end of each month. The industry that I work in is very volatile. If the company doesn't get a project, the staff don't get paid and redundancies are made. I was able to stay in my job up until the end of May when I was given my redundancy letter :(

Since the beginning of the year me and my girlfriend have been wanting to take out some "Additional Borrowing" on the mortgage so that we can pay off some loans, buy some bits for the house, get a new car and most importantly spend some money on my car ;) We had been putting off applying for the money but decided to go for it anyway at the end of April - about 2 weeks before I got my letter of redundancy - Typical! Not wanting to miss the opportunity of getting the money we carried on with the application anyway, and kept our fingers crossed that another job would turn up.

To cut a long story short, I have been unemployed since Friday of last week :( However, I was to be included in the proposal for another project should my work have got one. Well it wasn't looking good and I've been s***ing it this week waiting in anticipation to hear if the company had another project. I recieved a phone call this morning teling me that the company had managed to secure another 12 month project and that I'm to be asked back as a Designer :D

To say I'm relieved is an understatement!!! I'm Over the f***ing moon :D So what does this mean I hear you all cry? Well, firstly it means that I'll be able to continue paying for my house along with spending some money on it :) Secondly it means that my girlfriend can pick up her new Renault Clio on Monday :):) and thirdly it means that I can spend some money on my car :):):)

Most of you will probably read this and think "What the F*** you on about" but theres some of you that know how much of a s**t time I've had over the last few months. I just wanted to share with you all how relieved I am. Thanks to those of you that have been there to cheer me up when I've been down :)

Cheers for reading

Slim"relieved"Jim

jatinder
09-07-03, 12:09 PM
your little speech made me cry

Top job mate, I think you should go out celebrating tonite and have many pints as you can handle :D

wisewood
09-07-03, 12:10 PM
I shall now appologise for being a twat Jim.
Had i know how much stress you were under I wouldnt have antagonised you half as much.

Glad to hear everything is working out for ya mate!
I just hope that i can get my debts paid off asap as we are due some redundancies at our place - i shoudl be safe, but you never know!

So whats next for your car then?
anything nice :lol:

Jim
09-07-03, 12:26 PM
Thats cool Andy,

I've snapped at a few peeps on MSN and upset them so I just chose to ignore any comments that might have otherwise got my back up.

Plans for the car...you'll have to wait and see ;)

Jim

Breeny
09-07-03, 01:01 PM
I'll collect you Friday Jim... short trip down the M1 :wink:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jim
09-07-03, 01:05 PM
LOL, you read my mind...seriously!!!! :D

Gimme a bell or PM me if you don't mind coming with us on Friday.

Jim

Breeny
09-07-03, 01:40 PM
Yeh no worries, can't be arsed doing overtime on Friday this week lol

Have you managed to get in contact with him?

ade
09-07-03, 02:58 PM
glad to see things seem to have panned out for the next 12 months m8.

What is it you do anyway? Remember you saying you design stuff - sounds like a top job.

Me being all sensible for a while I recommend you bank as much as you can in a high interest savings account - just incase (and touch wood it doesnt) things down turn at the end of the 12 months...

Its a long way off but plan now and you can spend a little bit on yer car later down the line rather than worry about money.

Oh - and start floggingh the top trumps cards - make some cash on the side! :D

Ade

RobIsGrt18
09-07-03, 03:42 PM
thats good to hear jim :) u going billing ??

"Secondly it means that my girlfriend can pick up her new Renault Clio on Monday" - gooood choice :lol: lol !!

Ste_Nova
09-07-03, 03:47 PM
I'm Over the f***ing moon :D So what does this mean I hear you all cry? Well, firstly it means that I'll be able to continue paying for my house along with spending some money on it :) Secondly it means that my girlfriend can pick up her new Renault Clio on Monday :):) and thirdly it means that I can spend some money on my car :):):)

how about saving some money for a rainy day? :roll:

techie
09-07-03, 05:02 PM
Good to hear things are looking up Jim. And dont forget im only around the corner if you need anything.

Stuart
09-07-03, 05:03 PM
save for a rainy day pppft lol almost every day in the uk is rainy lol

nice1 jim, get yer programming skills sorted asap ;)

CP
09-07-03, 06:54 PM
Lol @ Ste trying to nick the " old and sensible" title from me.

Way to go Jim m8 :D Enjoy yourself - summers here and you are only young once :lol:

Cheese
09-07-03, 06:58 PM
Nice one! Congrats Jim :D

hotdogs_r_us
09-07-03, 08:06 PM
Nice one! Congrats Jim :D
Dittio m8 well done 8)

Jim
09-07-03, 09:01 PM
Thankd for all your comments guys. Me and my girlfriend are so relieved. Only thing is I've got to learn Visual Basic and an in-house scripting language :? Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon enough :)

Ade, just so you know I work for a Computer games company and my new position will be as a designer :)

Ste, sorry but LOL at your seriousness, especially after reading your comments about street racing.

I'm actually going to be saving money even though it sounds like I'm going to be blowing it all in one month. My Girlfriend is paying for the car on a monthly basis, the Additional borrowing is going to pay off any existing loans so my monthly outgoing wil be less, so some of the cash thats left will be spent on the house and the car. Besides, I've been saving for the last 6 months since I've not known what was happening with my job. I think I'm entitled to have a nice spending spree :)

Cheers again guys, I'll keep you all updated on the car :)

Jim

Stuart
09-07-03, 09:04 PM
If you want a hand with the car (much like we did for chris) just ask :)

i dont know VB so i cant help there lol

enjoy your new found dosh

Jim
09-07-03, 09:06 PM
Cheers Camb, I've got some nice Lowered tie bar mounts waiting to be fitted, and I know how much you enjoyed fitting Chris' hehe :lol:

Jim

Stuart
09-07-03, 09:07 PM
well you can have the obligitory ratchet in the face that comes with that job :D lol

Ste_Nova
09-07-03, 10:07 PM
Ste, sorry but LOL at your seriousness, especially after reading your comments about street racing.

i have ?10k stashed for a rainy day or in case of job loss just..... having ?0 is an arse, u can't even put fuel in ur car to get to job interviews!!!

MattyWoo
09-07-03, 10:23 PM
Sounds good Jim mate.
I know you have been waiting for news for a while and im really pleased its happened. Means you can buy stuff from me :D
Matt

Jim
09-07-03, 10:31 PM
i have ?10k stashed for a rainy day or in case of job loss just..... having ?0 is an arse, u can't even put fuel in ur car to get to job interviews!!!

Don't worry Ste, I'm a responsible person really.

Jim