View Full Version : electric windows fitting

ydg27
09-07-03, 11:16 AM
is it hard,is ?30 cheap for all of the mechs and buttons and wiring

how long would it take
in nova

ade
09-07-03, 03:05 PM
?30 is excellent value (cost me ?60 for mine last year) for the full kit.

If youve never dont it before and depending on how you do it, it'll prob take you a day (realistically). Experienced and youre looking at a couple of hours tops.

The hardest part is getting the old mechanisms out and fitting the new ones. Its not hard - just a pain in the anus. You need to remove the door trim, then drill out the old mechanism, then install the new mechanism using thick pot rivets that can take the strain (see www.nova-land.co.uk for dtls).

You'll prob need to remove the drivers seat so you can run cables under the floor to the centre console and then you need to drill holes in the door edge and body work edge to run the cables through.

MAJOR ADVICE!!! - if you intend to add central locking in the future or door speakers, I recommend you fit a rubber flex from door to the inner wing on the side of the car - you can use rubber hoses from old style fiestas (similar to the ones on the nova hatch) to run the cables through. Seal the holes with grey stripe. Check the styling forum about a month ago - I posted a full guide on how to do fit the rubber hoses.

Ade

Ste_Nova
09-07-03, 04:21 PM
remember to drill the holes where the nipples are

ade
09-07-03, 05:19 PM
:o

now now ste - keep the S&M for Friday nights!

:D

:twisted:

ydg27
11-07-03, 12:54 PM
cheers guys

i have already got door speakers and where can i get central locking from?

burgessovsalford
11-07-03, 04:08 PM
check forsale forum for central locking.

Also if you have already got speakers in doors have you already got the wires going from door to car, cos u may be able to skip drilling more holes if its been done by sum1 else before???

moogster
23-07-03, 09:38 PM
Ade, where is the how to guide you produced on one of the other forums coz I couldn't find it!?

Cheers!! :roll: