PDA

View Full Version : VeeDub lowered style nova??

bazil
21-09-11, 10:36 PM
So if nova owners were to lower their cars like the vw boys would this be the result?

I'm not a fan but opinions please :)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/arthurdaley/gti2006lownova01fb4.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/arthurdaley/gti2006lownova02wf1.jpg

Nobby
21-09-11, 10:38 PM
i hate all this dub bollox all the kids round here are getting vws and putting them inches off the floor! i just want to ram them off the road in my van!

thedjse
21-09-11, 10:49 PM
yawn this LOWWWWWWWWWW thing is so boring now

Bubba
21-09-11, 10:55 PM
whats wrong with having a car sat on the floor?

Dervy
22-09-11, 01:22 AM
im making my 4 door really low but im making with suspension travel, which i know alot of the vw boys dont do, they just wind there coilovers down until its sitting on the bump stops, which is very dangerous and ilegal.

wwmnw
22-09-11, 01:34 AM
That is on airbags and only that low for show, obviously, couldn't be driven like that as the CV's would be locked out.

mowgli
22-09-11, 07:34 AM
whats wrong with having a car sat on the floor?

well, round here, you couldn't drive more than 25yds before bottoming out. and then speed humps would murder the sump, exhaust etc...

Jack
22-09-11, 07:58 AM
Its bad enough having to weave the cav round holes and bumps, and thats not really overly low compared to some cars I've seen (might even raise it up lol). Fcuk knows how they put up with it lol

Plus most of the stuff thats sat on the ground just looks broken.

Edd
22-09-11, 08:53 AM
That looks crap

Jon_nova1
22-09-11, 09:03 AM
its really low, the bottom of the sill must be an inch off the ground, seems abit of a shed to me though lol

mowgli
22-09-11, 11:09 AM
i used to regularly work with a bloke who had this cosworth powered hillman husky van.

http://www.beardmorebros.co.uk/Images/influences/HuskyCC1.jpg

it actually had castors fitted into the sills as it was ridiculously low.

Nebbz
22-09-11, 11:52 AM
out of knowing vag group lot of doosh's most of their cars are broken! sumps are falling appart, and their cv joints are non exeistant.......but it looks good so who cares (apparently) 60mm is what i have on z nova and thats low enough! (other half has a silly low car on coilovers and it drives me mad! for ever breaking...currently its the lower arms that need replacing..sigh)

marc69
22-09-11, 03:54 PM
at the end of the day, the ride will be hell and impractacle and certainly useless for speed. And I think it actualy makes cars look as though they have collapsed. For me the car should look faster because of the actual faster options on it. If you are just making it ook faster then go and get a big go faster stripe!

BRoadGhost
22-09-11, 04:45 PM
CVs aren't an issue if you have proper mounts. -60 isn't enough once you've been at pretty much every stage of ride heights. As for arms breaking never heard of that before, if anything it would be the the bottom ball joints in standard guise not up to withstanding the shocks from our 5hitty roads.