PDA

View Full Version : Help!

ptjay
21-09-11, 05:25 PM
Hi guys,im new to this site,and really have not got a clue about novas,but i have wanted one to do up for ages,but just only got the money together,but could someone tell how you tell the difference between a mk1 and mk2,and what parts will fit on eiher model,or do they all fit on each model?

thanks

Jack
21-09-11, 05:46 PM
Mk1 has square headlights with the grill in the middle, Mk2 has rectangle headlights and the grill extends underneath. Thats the easiest way to tell them apart, but obviously there's a load of other stuff too.

Mk2:
http://www.cheapcarinsuranceforyoungdrivers-uk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Vauxhall-Nova.jpg

Mk1:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3489/3904581442_aa05881d5b.jpg

Pretty much everything can be swapped around though - but bear in mind you may need to change other stuff to match. Example, if you change the headlights and indicators from Mk1 to Mk2 then you'd also need the grill, wings and ideally the bumper as well

Oh yeah, and you'll know if you have a Mk1 as the dashboard will give you cancer. lol

Jon_nova1
21-09-11, 05:46 PM
MK1 has orange front indicators, shallower bumpers unless its decent spec, the dash is more boxy and the hazard light switch is halfway down the dash

MK2 has clear front indicators, deeper bumper the dash half resembles an astra dash with the curves and the hazard light switch at the top of the dash, oh the head unit is also right near the bottom of the dash

theres lots of other differences, most of the parts are interchangeable, as in all are unless you want to change the front end or dash which is still doable but needs abit more effort

ptjay
21-09-11, 05:55 PM
Thankyou for that guys,that is a good start for me

wwmnw
21-09-11, 07:19 PM
MK2's are the nicer looking ones ;)

swedge
23-09-11, 06:18 AM
MK2's are the nicer looking ones ;)

Png joke of the year goes to wwwwwmmmmmnnnnwwwww

Tim
23-09-11, 08:20 AM
Mk1 ftw

wwmnw
23-09-11, 10:48 AM
Png joke of the year goes to wwwwwmmmmmnnnnwwwww

Thank you thank you, I'd like to thank my mam and dad for making me so this opportunity was possible, I'd like to thank myself for being so clever and handsome and I'd like to thank god too but I just thanked myself anyway, thank you :thumb: