PDA

View Full Version : fitting twin 40s to e16se

tommy8252
21-09-11, 11:25 AM
Right the more I read the more I'm getting confused so would like some help please.

I currently have the following parts.

40s + manifold
throttle linkage, cables and pedal block
carb tank + mechanical fuel pump
1.4 sr dizzy (I think? its big black one with vac advance, slot type with a red and black wires coming from it)
e16se coil and booster
Injection wiring.

Now as far as I am aware its the ignition part that's getting me confused. So basically using the above dizzy what do I need to do with the coil/booster?

Can someone help please?

Should also mention that this is fitted in to an injection car so no carb mini loom for the coil.

bazil
21-09-11, 11:58 AM
You can't run a mechanical fuel pump on a E16 due to the cam housing not having a hole for the pump and im not sure if the E16 cam has a pump drive anyway, I'd keep the injection pump and use it,

Iains sport runs an electric pump and twin 40's

As for the dizzy, I dunno lol

mowgli
21-09-11, 12:25 PM
you basically need the coil, dizzy & mini loom for a 1.4 carb engine.

you need a peg drive dizzy for the e16se

getting the correct manifold will be the expensive bit as the e16se has the round ports, and the 1300 has 'cathedral' ports (think what a church window looks like, round at the top & square at the bottom)

Stuart
21-09-11, 12:41 PM
the black capped dizzy is the 1.2/1.3 item and not the 1.4 one that you would ideally have..... although I'm sure the 1.2 one will work if the cam has a slot drive on it.

mowgli
21-09-11, 12:43 PM
people have swapped cam carriers over so they can reuse the mech fuel pump & old dizzy.

tommy8252
21-09-11, 01:59 PM
Yeah cam carrier is carb carrier with ast2 cam so has pump drive aswell. Cam also has slot and pin drives.

Also got 1.3 twin 40 manifold that has had the ports modified to suit the ports on the e16se head.