PDA

View Full Version : anyone running water/meth injection on here

turbo-boy
19-09-11, 06:53 PM
thinking about buying water meth kit wanting to no does anyone on here use it and what do they think about it, i have been reading good views about it, and what is the price of the meth and do you have to used distilled water or normal water and what mixtures do people run?

L14MNP
19-09-11, 08:08 PM
I inject, drink meths and believe I can run/walk on water if thats any use mate?

turbo-boy
19-09-11, 08:28 PM
haha looking info on the stuff thats sprayed into engine

Paul
19-09-11, 08:35 PM
Just use water

Nova_Tek
19-09-11, 08:53 PM
'Only p*ssies use nitro meth' (that ones for you L14MNP :d)

L14MNP
19-09-11, 09:17 PM
'Only p*ssies use nitro meth' (that ones for you L14MNP :d)

lol:dlol

Hijack!

"This. Is. BRASIL!!!!!!!" *numerous handguns cock*

Nova_Tek
19-09-11, 09:27 PM
I would continue but it will totally jack the thread, so I think I'll leave it for now lol

Mike
19-09-11, 09:40 PM
thinking about buying water meth kit wanting to no does anyone on here use it and what do they think about it, i have been reading good views about it, and what is the price of the meth and do you have to used distilled water or normal water and what mixtures do people run?

Complete waste of time & money unless for some bizarre reason your running a road car on race fuel or methanol & constantly doing 7 second qaurters.

Nobby
19-09-11, 10:04 PM
Complete waste of time & money unless for some bizarre reason your running a road car on race fuel or methanol & constantly doing 7 second qaurters.

:thumb:

Paul
19-09-11, 10:15 PM
On a turbo i assume? In the boost pipes?

Stuart
19-09-11, 10:22 PM
sort the cooling in the more conventional ways first before looking to WIJ.... unless its just to add to the spec sheet for pub bullsheeting.

Paul
19-09-11, 10:47 PM
Ive seen water inj. Alone give an extra 40bhp on T&R rollers.

scott.parker
19-09-11, 10:55 PM
Neil use to have aqua mist on the 1.6 turbo set up my mate Mike bought of him, and it gave 30bhp gain, and mike would of had well over 200bhp if he had that fitted/using it, as it made 191bhp without it.

Mike
20-09-11, 10:20 AM
My argument is, if its that good why isnt everyone and there dog on the likes of MLR, GTR Drivers & RSOC etc etc etc using it.

Stuart
20-09-11, 11:04 AM
Are these big power gains seen purely because the other cooling methods simply arent doing their job...?

I'd want to use conventional methods first (you know the types that dont need refilling etc) and then look to WIJ if really really really necessary

turbo-boy
20-09-11, 07:02 PM
It's for my c16se turbo and I want to get it as a reliability factor , just wanting to no what people think if they have them, stops knock, high engine temps, and can give u more bhp

Stuart
20-09-11, 07:07 PM
as can a water to air or air to air chargecooler..... neither of which require you to think about once fitted.

turbo-boy
20-09-11, 10:56 PM
Had a courtney one but sold it running a nice intercooler, with the setup I hav if the water injection fails
Engine won't blow up it's just to make it more reliable

Stuart
20-09-11, 11:05 PM
Had a courtney one but sold it running a nice intercooler, with the setup I hav if the water injection fails
Engine won't blow up it's just to make it more reliable

I dont see the need/logic there.... if you are sure that the IC you have will cool enough to stop the engine dying, then why the 'to make it more reliable' bullsheets about needing WIJ ?

Lee H
20-09-11, 11:29 PM
I have water injection on my MR2 turbo (it came fitted when I bought the car). Reasoning from the previous owner was that the standard headgasket is weak on the earlier engines and cooler inlet temps would help to keep it in one piece.

I have fitted a proper headgasket and left the water injection fitted seen as its there. My inlet temps are at a steady 29 degrees on boost, not tried running without to see the difference though.