PDA

View Full Version : Which Brand...

Nova_Tek
19-09-11, 05:18 PM
Need to buy some piston rings and bearings for the LET as the engine will be back from the shop in the next few days.

The chaps at the shop quoted me a price which I know I can beat if I shop around. But there are some quite different prices depending on brand and to be honest I don't wanna get stuff which is well priced (cheap) if it's gonna be sh*t quality.

I've never been internals shopping so have no idea what's best and why. So which is best?

I've seen Mahle stuff, Glyco bits and ACL parts too. ACL looking to be bit more pricy than the other two brands. Any reason for this?

Vote what you'd buy... comments are welcome if you've experienced anything with a particular brand.

:thumb:

Rich
19-09-11, 05:38 PM
Mahle is good enough for standard as vauxhall use them anyway, well priced too on ebay

Nova_Tek
19-09-11, 05:46 PM
Mahle are certainly well priced, have been quoted well by AutoVaux £110 for rings, big ends & mains .25 (although I couldn't find any on ebay). Which is why I'm wondering why other brands are costing much more.

mowgli
19-09-11, 09:41 PM
Aren't acl the ones that spend lots of time claiming they are hyper super duper performance ones???

Buy oe, mahle, ks or similar. Off the shelf ones from a decent brand are pretty much the same quality.

Nova_Tek
19-09-11, 09:43 PM
:thumb: