PDA

View Full Version : so who.....

Alex J
19-09-11, 03:03 PM
is going to be the first person on here to post a picture of some SNOWlol , seeing as the weather forcast for the weekend is winter rubbish , and there is talk of xmas(this includes cosco doing special deals on trees already:roll:lol) whos going to be first to post some up, bazil was the winner last year, place your bets:d

7ova
19-09-11, 04:15 PM
my back garden

http://wallpapers.pixxp.com/wallpapers/42/Winter%2C_snow.jpg (http://wallpapers.pixxp.com/r?12)

last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phunkynova
19-09-11, 05:16 PM
That could well be me then as I live in Czech and we have a LOT'S of snow for up to 3 months in winter.

Nova_Tek
19-09-11, 05:20 PM
Snow? In September? Doubt I'll see anything in London.

Bubba
19-09-11, 05:32 PM
i can do tropical snow...

bazil
19-09-11, 05:47 PM
Probably cle lol

Talk of heavy snow in early November possibly mid October, I'm on standby for glycol from 1st of October

steviegsi
19-09-11, 07:48 PM
Definitely going to fill the daily with antifreeze this time. Last year the only thing of ours that didn't freeze solid was my astra gsi and that's only because it the coolant was pi$$ing out quicker than it could freeze! lol

Southie
19-09-11, 07:55 PM
Merris do you know what SNOW is lol

FAO: the Scotland crew, does it usually snow backend of October/beginning of November in Edinburgh, as "yes" I'm having my honeymoon up that neck of the woods ;)

Jeff16v
19-09-11, 08:07 PM
Merris do you know what SNOW is lol
I think it's a different type of White powder in essex. Lol

L14MNP
19-09-11, 08:17 PM
I think it's a different type of White powder in essex. Lol

Different, but they get about as much natural snow in a winter as the wide boy's consume on a weekend.

They don't know what real snow is! We were hammered with it up here last winter, nowt said. Then the south got a tiny dusting and it was all over the news! :lol:

ryansnova
19-09-11, 09:06 PM
we had the snow REALLY bad last year...

but thats only because im from scotland lol

standardgte
19-09-11, 09:20 PM
Different, but they get about as much natural snow in a winter as the wide boy's consume on a weekend.

They don't know what real snow is! We were hammered with it up here last winter, nowt said. Then the south got a tiny dusting and it was all over the news! :lol:

seems unfair that down ere only seems to get a dusting we seem to get more rain

wwmnw
19-09-11, 09:41 PM
Typical though isn't it, we get hammered every year. An old fogy was telling me they remember a time when the snow was that bad in Trimdon it was up to the upstairs windows, was probably similar over your way too, your grandparents may remember it.

seems unfair that down ere only seems to get a dusting we seem to get more rain
I bet you don't get more rain than the area me and Limp live in lol it rains at least once a day 365 :cry:

mowgli
19-09-11, 09:47 PM
typical though isn't it, we get hammered every year. An old fogy was telling me they remember a time when the snow was that bad in trimdon it was up to the upstairs windows, was probably similar over your way too, your grandparents may remember it.

winter of 81/82 in leicestershire. We had some fantastic up as far as the door tops drifts, and out in the fields there were some giant drifts.. There was a lane with high banks where we walked from the top of the hedge across the road to the other hedge. It was about 12ft in the middle of the road...

Southie
19-09-11, 10:06 PM

They don't know what real snow is! We were hammered with it up here last winter, nowt said. Then the Southgot a tiny dusting and it was all over the news! :lol:

I didn't get dusted lol

bazil
19-09-11, 10:10 PM
this was last year, not a drift just in the open and its in inches NOT cm,

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/a3.jpg

ryansnova
19-09-11, 10:45 PM
thats what we had about bazil :) are you from scotland to ?

bazil
19-09-11, 10:48 PM
fcuk me lol aye mate west coast, bout 10 miles from Ibrox :)

ryansnova
19-09-11, 10:51 PM
not to far away lol im slap bang in the middle of glasgow and edinbura (sp)

stevenf
19-09-11, 10:52 PM
i miss staying on the west coast. used to get really good snow up there. its not the same in the borders lol

bazil
19-09-11, 10:57 PM
meh yer almost english then lollollol ( kidding )

aye ryan i ken armadale, been through there many times, harthill usually gets the snow bad aswell,

stevenf
19-09-11, 11:02 PM
meh yer almost english then lollollol ( kidding )

how dare you. i was born in greenock and brought up in port glasgow. not an english bit in me ha ha shame am just into the wrong side of the border now

ryansnova
19-09-11, 11:05 PM
my dads full side if the family are from greenrigg (its just the same place really) as harthill lol it only really gets it that bad because the place is just a big hill lol

bazil
19-09-11, 11:06 PM
christ small world, im just past kilmalcolm and in bridge of weir!!!!!

stevenf
19-09-11, 11:20 PM
yep small world indeed. still miss the snow up there though lol

Jack
20-09-11, 08:56 AM
Its not proper snow unless its measured in feet lol

Thats because its unnatural to snow down here :wtf: mind you, the locals are fine with it - most of us drive tractors anyway. Its the immigrants from Laaandaaan in their BMWs and Mercedes that go pirouetting into ditches usually!

Having said that, I did see some absolutely horrendous driving last time it snowed. I hope it snows again this winter as its hilarious to go out and watch people.

Alex J
20-09-11, 09:07 AM
i drove mrs merris toyota yaris in bad snow down to disneyland last year and made it! it was 5 inches here witch is ultra rare!!

bazil
20-09-11, 09:11 AM
Last year I went snowboarding at the cairngorm range, which is right next to where cle lives, on average the snow was around 5 feet deep with drifts upto 25 feet against the top station, proper epic snow,

The A9 from dumblane to Perth had snow banks of around 6 feet at the side of the road,

YAY I love teh snow lol

Alex J
20-09-11, 09:26 AM
YAY I love teh snow lol not if your banned from driving and have to walk, the fun soon wears oflol

turbojolt
20-09-11, 09:30 AM
Woopsie

Cle
24-09-11, 05:05 PM
Meant to be snow here next week :)

Jack
24-09-11, 07:36 PM
...and yet down here they reckon next week is going to be a heatwave lol

Alex J
25-09-11, 09:51 AM
27 next week here!! going down the beach, and let it all hang out before the snow comes the week after!!

Spudly
25-09-11, 10:23 AM
They were plastering all over the place this week/last week about how were due snow in the uk by october, wonder if thats h'actually true!

ryansnova
25-09-11, 10:58 PM
i cant wait for the snow lol

i do snow bording over the bing :D

Southie
26-09-11, 05:54 AM
I bloody hate snow, unless I go skiing then it has a purpose... I might ski to work this year now I've no car lol