PDA

View Full Version : just to say hi.... 1.2, 1.6 8v turbo. soon to have redtop

J-C-nova
19-09-11, 11:18 AM
hi guys
i have just been given 2 nova's by someone who owes me some money. i used to have a white gte when i was 17 but my mother didnt appritiate the insureance costs lol (i was at college so could not afford it myself working part time). now that i have a project i am looking for a little help on what to do. i think the best option for me is to redtop one as it is a good shell the cav slabs and straight through exhaust and lowered 60mm spring, already on it. the other car is a 1.2 with a snapped clutch cable and in the back seat there is a 1.6 8v turbo sitting there :) but i am not a fan of turbos as i know my brother had to spend alot on his corsa when he put a c20let in to that. so i am thinking of selling the 1.2 nova with the 1.6 turbo as a unfinnished project. this would free up a fair amount of money to drop a red top in the better shell. what would be the going rate for a half decent shell with a working 1.2 (ill fix the clutch) and a spare 1.6 turbo? ill try getting some pic's up to show its condition.
P.S
thanks for having me :) if i can help anyone i will :) but im only at lvl 3 at college so dont know everything :P

Graeme
19-09-11, 11:24 AM
My milkman has just dropped a red top on my door step at about half 4 this morning, I can put you in touch with him if you like hes been doing it for years

J-C-nova
19-09-11, 11:29 AM
yeah that would be cool. is it a reconditioned engine or pulled straight from a car?
cheers

Graeme
19-09-11, 11:36 AM
Sorry mate I thought you were on about semi skimmed milk when you said 'Redtop yo', I forget this is also Corsa sport talk for a C20XE, good luck with the conversion though, all the stuff for the conversion is for sale on here new and second hand all the time

Mike
19-09-11, 11:40 AM
sorry mate i thought you were on about semi skimmed milk when you said 'redtop yo', i forget this is also corsa sport talk for a c20xe, good luck with the conversion though, all the stuff for the conversion is for sale on here new and second hand all the time

lmfao!

scott.parker
19-09-11, 11:40 AM
Haha ha ha ha lol lol lol lol Graeme you joker.

Hi J-C (humm religious name?lol)
Your car's sound like two interesting things to be given, you wont be able to post pics till you have 15 NONE spam post to adhere to forum rules, so if you want you can email them to me at oneoff_nova1@hotmail.com and I'll host and post them up for you.

From that i think we can then give you some advice, but you need to get pics of both cars in these rust prone areas.

Front and rear panels (behind bumpers)
inner front wings in engine bay, round turrets, behind fire wall, and battery tray area.
Sills/door bottoms.
Rear boot floor inside boot in the corners, and under the car on rear chassis legs, and spring seat's.
Rear arches etc.

Scott

J-C-nova
19-09-11, 11:49 AM
lol i was a bit slow on the milk... :(
J-C not religous,my name is jamie connellan lol ill do some pics in a bit hopefully and send the asap:) cheers folks

Graeme
19-09-11, 11:54 AM
Where are you pal, there might be people in your region willing to help with the conversion, send Scott some pictures so we can take a look, please obide by the rules in your newbie stage as some of the staff are power crazy and won't let you put a foot wrong at first.

tommy8252
19-09-11, 12:49 PM
If your selling the 1.6 turbo I'd be very interested :)