PDA

View Full Version : Help please with 14NV engine no spark

stewart_2004
18-09-11, 05:47 PM
Hey all, i am having touble getting my nova to start, the last time it fired up was afew months ago and then I left it. Now It wont start ive got a good battery on it and its getting fuel Ive got a spark plug tester thing that you fit between plug & HT and nothing. I read somewhere about testing the resistance between the coil does anyone have that info ? I have checked all connections and all seem ok. Its strange why it just suddenly stopped, any help would be great.

Nobby
18-09-11, 06:46 PM
1. check connections on the plug to the coil for corrosion and bad connections etc etc use some electrical cleaner
2. pull the king lead off the dizzy and put a plug in and get someone to crank it over and check for spark
3. If you dont have a spark i would advise to grab a known working coil and try then and see if you get a spark
4.. if you have a spark it should be dizzy, cap or rotor arm related pull cap off check for splits in the cap and check the keyway on the rotor arm i have know them to break, then check the connectors in the cap to be nice and clean.

mowgli
18-09-11, 07:07 PM
check that the camshaft is actually turning. cambelts can go off with age. just take off the dizzy cap & turn it over. it can save you a lot of time.

stewart_2004
18-09-11, 10:28 PM
Cheers for the info guys,

I will check it tomorrow the leads, cap & coil are new so looks like it could be coil related will update tomorrow.

stewart_2004
15-10-11, 08:15 PM
wellI tryed to get the nova going again and think ive found the problem. The coil is faulty when I removed the king lead I got no spark, but when I put a power probe to the coil and give it a positive it cranked over then when the probe was removed the engine cut out so looks like a new coil is needed. Thanks for your help.