PDA

View Full Version : Lets pretend I care about my car(s) lol

Stuart
17-09-11, 09:58 AM
So then, winter is coming and I want the rain to do most of the work for me lol so I'm going to wash/wax (some call if detailing, the homos).

In the box I have:
Some Collinite 476 (which I quite liked on the VX, not shiney but long lasting)
Some Clearkote Vanilla Moose Glaze
the first two stages of the megs 3 stage stuff
And some assorted tat for making the tyres shiney etc.

Is that all 'ok' for the ghey blue of the clio and the dark blue of the passat? I need some more claybar so will get more bilthamber as I like the pikeyness of water lube :)

Is that dodojuice stuff much cop for long lasting lazyness? I see small pots are dirt cheap etc.

Spudly
17-09-11, 10:11 AM
Ive no experience with dodo juice but some of my local mates swear by it, but in all fairness there is nothing that is going to last you a full winter of not being cleaned, even superguard and other types like that with their 'X many years' guarantee is a load of shash lol

I think the longest lasting stuff ive tried personally, is auto-glym HD wax, that stuff gives an awesome shine and seems to last quite a while, BUT, its all well and good getting something long lasting, i know what youre like, you will just pootle down the local hand carwash once the car is really dirty and pay your fiver to get our ethnic friends to clean it, they will most probably not dilute their TFR properly and in one foul swoop will remove any and all layers of protection that you have applied!

Regular cleaning and polishing/waxing, even through winter is the only way to keep your paint looking reasonably good, sorry lazy boy:p

John
17-09-11, 11:44 AM
Washing your car = ghey! lol

Jack
17-09-11, 11:46 AM
Dodo juice is good; iirc banana armour is the hard one so should last all winter

Edd
17-09-11, 11:54 AM
Pikey 3 quid Polish hand car wash FTW

Jeff16v
17-09-11, 11:57 AM
Scotchguard the bugger. :)

Pistol Pete
17-09-11, 12:33 PM
Pikey 3 quid Polish hand car wash FTW

This lol lads round here do the works for a fiver. Wheels, chamois back to black...the lot!

Also Tfr FTW.

pikey1986
17-09-11, 02:19 PM
I agree with john, cleaning cars is for poofs which reminds me, ive got to clean my astra lol

MK999
17-09-11, 04:57 PM
Small pots of dodo juice stuff are testers, or 'panel pots' basically enough to do a single panel of a car to see what its like.

pikey1986
17-09-11, 05:47 PM
A panel pot should do a complete car several times, ive got a 50ml sample bottle of something and managed to do the astra 3times and still have enough to do it a couple more, a little goes a long way

Stuart
17-09-11, 06:11 PM
The collinite was still beading 12 months in with the VX lol then again I did manage to get nearly half a tin on it by accident lmao