PDA

View Full Version : Abit of electrical help wanted

josh-sri
15-09-11, 07:58 PM
Ive popped this in here because its non nova related:). I want to measure the current going to two wires on the coilpack on one of my cars (106 rallye). Basically im fitting omex adjustable rev limter etc and need to find the two negative wires going to the coilpack. Not had any luck on other forums and im always on here so thought id ask you lot:thumb:

So yeah, anyway of measuring a negative current?? :confused: I thought multimeter but if its below zero surely theres nothing to read??

Cheers

Josh

Royston
15-09-11, 08:00 PM
If current is flowing the other way will it not just be negative rather than positive?

Lewis.
15-09-11, 08:13 PM
set your mutimeter to read continuity, and attatch one probe to a good earth. then probe each of the pins on the plug for the coil pack, and it will beep when it has continuity, i.e, an earth

brainsnova
15-09-11, 09:07 PM
Another way is set the multi meter to read a voltage put the red on a known 12v and use the black to find the earths then 12v will read on the meter.

josh-sri
15-09-11, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the replies lads, i knew there would be a way but im not to clued up on electrics really!

Cheers again

Josh