PDA

View Full Version : c14se engine problems?

reecegsi
14-09-11, 08:05 PM
Hello
rebuilt my top end fitted it all back together timed it up to the marks and turned it over by hand a couple times to make sure nothing was touching and it wernt so tryed firing on key and nothing!
So looked back at marks and still lined up?

So what could be the problem? Its spitting out inlet pope aswell so dunno what that is? Its coilpack model number 1 coilpack is at cylinder near cambelt and so on?

Any ideas thanks in advance

reece

comptoncj
14-09-11, 08:08 PM
Just go over everything you have done and double check it, did you pump out the lifters when you had it apart? ive had problems with lifters needing to build up oil pressure before things start happening, if its timed up, got fuel and the firing order is correct and sparking it should go.

reecegsi
14-09-11, 08:57 PM
Yh mate i emptyd them as i got told to do it dunno what there called thoe lol so would that make it take its time to start?? As it was spitting out inlet pipe? never had that before done xe cambelts etc and never had problems so dunno whats wrong with the bugger?
The belt was already on could someone of put bottom pulley on wrong?

Gonna check it tomoz and see whats what

any ideas?

Thanks

shorty249
14-09-11, 10:23 PM
Jst put my c14se back together after h head gasket and head rebuild and had the same problem had to bump start it to get it going. Think it needed to build oil pressure to open the valves up as the bores were quite wet and I had spark but she wouldn't fire. Hope this helps mate.

reecegsi
15-09-11, 12:09 PM
Ah ok and was it spitting out inlet aswell?
I try bumping it then
thanks