PDA

View Full Version : c16se bits

scottyb
12-09-11, 10:02 PM
hey all,
im in need of some new pistons or rings and shell bearings.
i thought while im doing the job and have the engine apart and go all out so if you have anything for the engine let me know,
thanks

mowgli
12-09-11, 10:30 PM
are they std, or over/under size???

contact elring parts (http://www.elringparts.co.uk/contact-us/) & ask for their local stockist, they import KS & elring engine parts, which were the oe supply back in the day.

scottyb
13-09-11, 06:50 PM
there standard, dont really know whats best to get but its burning oil like its going out of fashion so really need to find out whats best and get on with it

mowgli
13-09-11, 06:56 PM
strip the engine, then take the bits to a machine shop & get a quote. it might need reboring, so they can usually get a decent deal on new pistons, shells seals etc..
if you just slap new stuff straight in, you are throwing money away. this engine is about 20 years old. it will be wearing out.

scottyb
13-09-11, 07:01 PM
would i need to take the block to an engineering shop i was planning on taking the sump and head off?

mowgli
13-09-11, 07:05 PM
unless you know of someone with some decent measuring equipment.. the crank is most likely in need of a regrind too.

scottyb
13-09-11, 07:07 PM
ahhh right well i may just leave it for a while or find another engine and get that perfect so i still have a car for now lol thanks anyway