PDA

View Full Version : What LET Filter?

Nova_Tek
12-09-11, 09:54 PM
As I'm going towards finishing the LET project, something has been playing in my mind... and that is 'what air filter do I buy?'

Sounds a bit trivial but I want it to do a good job. Ideally something that will suck in as little hot air as possible.

I've thought about K&N 57s (cone filter in an airbox), contemplating K&N Apollo as it's a sealed cone filter in an enclosure.

So what do you run? What would you recommend from experience? - pics are welcome.

Discuss :thumb:

Benn
12-09-11, 09:55 PM
I have a £20 Ripspeed mushroom filter that i cut the back off to sit better. Does the job. Dont like the look tho.

Nova_Tek
12-09-11, 09:57 PM
Not keen on the mushroom filters Benn, looks like there's a bellend in your engine bay lol

Benn
12-09-11, 10:00 PM
I got it for fit and colour, i dont like it.

Damo
12-09-11, 10:02 PM
The problem comes with space in the bay tek as it kinda determines what you can/carnt fit.

Mieran
12-09-11, 10:02 PM
I had a an ebay special on mine lol

I do quite like the ITG ones though, can get them in different sizes and shapes, merlin motorsport sell them

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/ITG-AIR-FILTERS-ITG-MAXOGEN/c432_435/index.html

tony k
12-09-11, 10:03 PM
I had a ram air one on mine,fitted ok wasn't that loud either,don't think they cost alot either

Nova_Tek
12-09-11, 10:04 PM
The problem comes with space in the bay tek as it kinda determines what you can/carnt fit.

Space wise it will be the typical driver side inner wing which will be empty.

I had a ram air one on mine,fitted ok wasn't that loud either,don't think they cost alot either

Heard the Ram Air filters are meant to be good as they are enclosed and have good insulation properties against heat. I'm not after loudness, it's not a priority at all. Want it to work and maybe look half decent.

[EDIT] sorry I'm thinking of Viper kits