PDA

View Full Version : wanted nova gte spares

standardgte
11-09-11, 09:31 AM
hey im after a few things for my nova gte not sure what the part is called but it for the drivers side,the brake caliper bolts to it and the front strut too the problem im having is not knowing what its called and sourcing a spare aswell any help appreciated also im after an air flower meter too.
cheers:roll:

pikey1986
11-09-11, 10:02 AM
That'll be the hub your after then matey

mowgli
11-09-11, 10:13 AM
and the nova hubs are standard on all models... do not ask a scrap man for a gte one, or he will charge gte tax on it......what is up with the old one? as they hardly go wrong.. you can get new wheel bearings cheaply, and if a motor factor says there are 2 sorts, always get the early one.

as for an AFM, they turn up on ebay all the time.

standardgte
11-09-11, 11:39 PM
cool cheers for your feedback right well first problem i had was the caliper sliders seized so i thort a simple repair but oh no one of the bolts to remove caliper appeared to be very tight me being me i happened to round off the recess hex bolt so now i have a bit of a situation so i thort the only thing i can do next would be to get a second hand hub as stated above so wish me luck please coz i am determind to do this no matter how much its pissin me off but thats excellent to no that those hubs are all the same on all models thanks again

mowgli
11-09-11, 11:55 PM
if you undo the 2 halves of the caliper, you will be able to knock the inner side off over the slider. then you can attack it with a grinder or hacksaw. the bolt itself is standard on most vauxhalls of that age, so if you can't save it.a new one will be easy to get, and you can get slider kits from most motor factors.

standardgte
12-09-11, 12:15 AM
sounds good i will try this way first i think thanks for your help

novarally
12-09-11, 02:51 PM
I have plenty of spare hubs if you can't sort yours out.

turbo-boy
12-09-11, 05:42 PM
I have a nova gte air flow meter here mate