PDA

View Full Version : C20LET fitted new clutch engine wont line up???

NFFC
11-09-11, 12:22 AM
Fitted a new clutch into my nova today c20let with a f20 gearbox. was a bit of a pig doing it on my drive without taking the engine out but got there in the end :). all went back together fine until i realised the front wheels both toe in by a mile and they didnt before. The rear gearbox mount seems to have moved to the nearside by 30mm anybody had these problems before?

Jon_nova1
11-09-11, 08:53 AM
Have you tightened everything back together and started the engine? driven it yet?

Pistol Pete
11-09-11, 09:00 AM
Wheels toeing in might be as a result of it being jacked up. And 30mm movement on the gearbox mount....30mm???

Alex J
11-09-11, 10:12 AM
have you forgot to put the spacer between the gearbox and bracket, that would put it on the piss.

Nobby
11-09-11, 10:56 AM
have you forgot to put the spacer between the gearbox and bracket, that would put it on the piss.
sounds about right to mee

NFFC
11-09-11, 02:29 PM
Yeah the spacer is in its actually tac welded to the mount. I droped the front mount off and the rear gearbox mount to give me room to remove the box. Changed the clutch put it all back together and its as if one wheel is correct and the other is now towing in loads. ive stripped both sides today hubs shocks anti roll bars bottom arms and built it back up still no change so ive had the tracking done which has solved the problem so i can drive it but the offside wheel seems to be sticking out more than the nearside. :mad: Now at my whits end im going to burn it soon.