PDA

View Full Version : .....How much.... how long!?

Barn
08-07-03, 06:20 PM
Ok then guys and gals....how much have u spent on your nova and over how long....??
Put some pics on if u like! :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
08-07-03, 06:28 PM
?10k owned for two and a half years but all money been spent in the last 18 months since been off the road.

Click the link in my footer to see my car.

ade
08-07-03, 06:45 PM
too scared to even think about it! Prob spent about ?1.5k on parts and accessories and stuff when I rebuilt her last year - but gathered this up in the space of 10 months so didnt really feel it all. Then I've prob spent ?1k on the engine probs I've had recently.

Not including services, new brake lines, other engine probs, 2 head gaskets etc prob about ?3k - if I add all the other stuff in about ?5k if not more!

:x

Why oh why oh why...

Now I see what the wife means about throwing good money after bad - but I love it!

HEVY-nova
08-07-03, 06:54 PM
my nova has had 6k spent on it, most parts are from halfords. its had a further few grand spent on repairs, upkeep, MOT'S etc, so it aint cheap. appreciate comments bout her

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=939

Nova-Boy
08-07-03, 08:11 PM
About ?500 including the ?295 it cost me lol :lol: And i have had it since Feb.

?150 on second hand alloys
the rest on bits and bobs including carb, head, inlet, full exhaust, dials, bumpers, grille, clear inidators and clear side repeaters.

Will
08-07-03, 11:14 PM
way to much, 3k or summit daft prob more (car was ?900 2 yrs ago tho), ask breeny hes spent loads! 3 novas after all...

dave.gsi
08-07-03, 11:29 PM
ive spent about ?200. that was for a full exhaust and some wire mesh. oh and another ?35 for an ecu check and a new octane plug. :lol:

car still stands me at under a grand :wink:

brian
09-07-03, 12:56 AM
at LEAST 10k over 2 months when i built it.
have spent lots and lots on them over the years but this one takes the biscuit!
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/177big5.jpg

Ben (lurk75)
09-07-03, 08:00 AM
Yeah but you got your money back when you ripped it apart :!:

jatinder
09-07-03, 08:56 AM
my nova has had 6k spent on it, most parts are from halfords.

I s you nova finished then? coz you must have been waiting years for the parts to arrive? and thats probably about 3k then coz halford are expensive fuckers.

at a ruff guess ive spent 3-4k :cry:

Lee H
09-07-03, 09:07 AM
?11000 spent now including buying the car. Have had it 2 years now. That is bad, keep wanting to sell it but can't bring myself to lose all that money on it :lol:

Its in features section, Lee Haslam's 2.0 16v turbo

Don't know how to put a link in a post lol

krobinson
09-07-03, 02:29 PM
This is when i bought the nova, i took this pic after i'd lowered it 50mm and added a single wiper that i made.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/psc/imageup/1057757354__novastandard.jpg

Then i stripped it to bits a year later and turned it into this:

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/280big.jpg

And now i've stripped it to bits again and it comes home from the bodyshop with some new paint tomorrow :D And when i have it back together i'll be sitting with a 10-11k Nova.

Keith

Fester
09-07-03, 03:56 PM
just showed this post to someone and they came up with the usual "well thats stupid for ?x you could have this car or that car"

yeah yeah but its not like you usually start out with a lump sum, most of the cars have had hundreds drip fed into them every month over several years was the response its scary looking at some of the replies!

locky
09-07-03, 04:21 PM
I aint got a clue how much iv spent, k's easily!
But i get discounted parts, feel sorry 4 u loyt who pay full whack! gota hurt your poor wallets, mines bad enuff!

Time and effort has been the most costly thing! the hrs iv put into the car is phenominal! same 4 the rest of u guys!

linzTDI
09-07-03, 04:27 PM
About ?500 up to now may be a little more and that was on a SR with a knackered engine so i could transfer all the bits and bobs over to my TD
Oh and re-spray

krobinson
09-07-03, 08:36 PM
just showed this post to someone and they came up with the usual "well thats stupid for ?x you could have this car or that car"

yeah yeah but its not like you usually start out with a lump sum, most of the cars have had hundreds drip fed into them every month over several years was the response its scary looking at some of the replies!

Yeah thats the usual responce. For 10k i could have a 1.2i 16v new corsa.. WOW, i'd really be individual and stand out from the crowd then :lol:

All my spending has been over near 3 years now, so it aint as bad when thought of like that! If u think about it, it averages out at about the same as monthly finance on a new car!

Keith

CP
09-07-03, 10:05 PM
Net about 8K now to get it from a 1.6 ( sold off quite a lot to finance the start) to what it is now. Used 2nd hand stuff wherever I could.

Barn
10-07-03, 03:05 AM
well keep up the good work ppl, some fcukin beautys in there fair do's

brian
11-07-03, 12:11 AM
Yeah but you got your money back when you ripped it apart
ya thats true i suppose!