PDA

View Full Version : HTC/phones4u problems

Edd
09-09-11, 11:55 AM
I have had iphones for years everyone one of the infact

But after buying our house I decided to get something else

I got a HTC Sensation

It truely is awful, rubbish reception, battery is a piss take, etc

God knows how anyone broweses the net using a Android phone, all the web browers on the market place are crap at best

Using this thing has comfirmed to me how easy a iphone is to use

Basically I want a iphone back, shouldof just got a new iphone 4 tbh

So I rang phones4u, the manager said sorry your stuck with it for 24 months ffs, giving me some crap about no returns policy

Gave me a number for head office, havnt rung it yet

What's my options?

Ring O2?

Surely as a customer I take it back and say its not to my liking?

I'm no way paying £30 a month for this

Any help or ideas would be great

Edd

Edd
09-09-11, 11:59 AM
And I have no idea what the fcuk that is in my sig! !!!!!!!!!!lol

Alex J
09-09-11, 12:03 PM
^^^^^lol

Southie
09-09-11, 12:16 PM
Have a read of this on the phone4U site CLICKY (http://www.phones4u.co.uk/help/faq-repairs-returns-and-refunds.asp)

craig green
09-09-11, 12:21 PM
You should have a 14day returns policy surely???

Just cancel the direct debit & dump it with the box & receipt etc on the shop desk, demand a different handset. If its anything like mine, the battery should be up to speed by about 12months usage.

novaboyopr
09-09-11, 01:10 PM
you went for the worst HTC thats why, should have got the Desire S blows the iphone out the water! easyier to use then other HTC pretty much an i phone but with widgets and alot more personilisation.

phazer
09-09-11, 01:44 PM
Should have gone for the Galaxy S2. Don't understand your browser comment though, there are a couple of excellent ones on the market for free but the built in one works just fine for most things.

Dual core android phones won't be brilliant on battery (Android doesn't officially support mutli cores from a power management point of view yet), the Samsung has a larger capacity battery. You should condition the battery when new. Fully charge it, discharge until phone turns off and repeat a couple of times. Then do as you would normally.

The Sensation is a poor attempt at a dual core high spec phone though so not surprised you don't like it lol

Tanya.
09-09-11, 03:15 PM
Should have gone for the Galaxy S2.

I've just recieved mine today and I love it.

Anyway...I always thought you had a 14 or 21 day window where you can send it back if you're not happy. I know with 3 you do. After that window is up you have to pay off the amount it would of cost if you'd of carried on paying. (if that makes sense) It may be different with o2/phones4u though.

Edd
09-09-11, 03:40 PM
All sorted now

Phoned the number the manager gave me, got a code and will go in store and get a Galaxy S 2 on Sunday

Wasn't allowed a iphone as ive switched away from that tariff

Jeff16v
09-09-11, 04:10 PM
All sorted now

Phoned the number the manager gave me, got a code and will go in store and get a Galaxy S 2 on Sunday

Edd, you could just pay the extra the the iphone tariff, its about £6 extra

phazer
09-09-11, 05:28 PM
All sorted now

Good result :thumb:

Try the S2 to make sure you're happy with it. It is bigger than an iphone, I was wary of the size but its spot on. I would recommend you get the genuine mesh shell for it though as they're so thin. Should only cost a tenner or so.

The Samsung software can use your iTunes library to load music/films etc to the phone so you shouldn't need to faff about too much :)

Benn
09-09-11, 08:08 PM
You have probs surfing the web? I have the Desire HD and even the std browser is easy to use. I just have my book makes as a app like thing on the main screen...

Nova_Tek
09-09-11, 08:17 PM
Dunno about your Sensation fella but mine is spot on, no problems what-so-ever. Had it from the very first day it came out. A lot of mates now have it as they saw mine and how fast it works. Sounds like you got a bad one. Browser is dead easy to surf and everything works well.

Bubba
09-09-11, 09:10 PM
ive got till next june before i can upgrade :/ all these new phones look shiny and nice, and im stuck on Symbian lmao

Benn
09-09-11, 09:19 PM
I was 100% Nokia lover, but they've really slipped in the game.

phazer
09-09-11, 09:51 PM

And have a very large deal with Microsoft to supply Win Phone 7 devices lol

Jack
10-09-11, 12:53 AM
I w as a Nokia man too, but Symbian was way behgind Android. I thought they were going to launch a bunch of new handsets with a newer version of Symbian?

As for the HTC - Absolutely no problems at all on my Z with browsing, in fact the browser is one of the quickest things on there. The only downside is the latest version of Sense has bummed things up a little but most apps and what not still work fine. Can't speak for the Sensation though as I've not tried it.

Damo
10-09-11, 11:12 AM
Ive got the galaxy s2 and i love it its basically an iphone the sofewares basically the same and has most of the same features but is as has been said a little bigger in size. Also i got a silicone cover case for it from the bay for 2.99 with a free screen protector as it is very thin and it works a treat.

phazer
10-09-11, 12:22 PM
I w as a Nokia man too, but Symbian was way behgind Android. I thought they were going to launch a bunch of new handsets with a newer version of Symbian?

Apparently so, the OS is certainly being refreshed. Whether it makes it to current or a new line of handsets is another question. The deal with MS has muddied things a fair bit. Nokia will probably disappear in all but name in a few years - possibly a pre-emptive move by MS given that Google will have a handset manufacturer if the Moto deal gets the go-ahead.

Nova_Tek
11-09-11, 02:35 PM

All the phones previous to my two HTCs were Nokia's (had about 8 of them). But nothing new came out and went for an HTC and have never looked back.

Edd
11-09-11, 04:47 PM
Went in to phones4u today,

Went to exchange but got told no because the tard manager reckoned that there was a scratch on the back of the phone ffs! !! There's no scratch, and the phone has to be re sellable, left the shop before I did something stupid

To say I'm annoyed with them is a understatement

I did a system update last night seems to improved some things

Installed a couple apps that have made battery life better

Think most of my problems with it is that I've been used to iphones for years

Stuart
11-09-11, 05:02 PM
You wet pushover.

Edd
11-09-11, 05:42 PM
What else do you expect me to do?

Stuart
11-09-11, 06:36 PM
Phone not fit for purpose and insert it into the manager.

Nebbz
12-09-11, 01:46 PM
if that was me ide kick of a stink about it, Tbh i had the HTC Hero for over a year, and recently bought my sisters old iPhone off her, Im stuck as to which one i prefer as the iPhone is stupidly slow but i put it down to age, Either way i can play the music off it like an ipod so i dont care. But Im with 3 and all browsers and everything is usless. got told the same thing, Im now waiting for renewal to cancle and go with orange......

bacically.. U have no leg to stand on as i found as they have clauses for everything go on the trading standards website and find out from there i guess :S

Nebbz
12-09-11, 01:48 PM
upload an app killer, that helps also and keep the back light dim...found that helped mine stay alive, and i bought a 2nd back up battery that ide keep charged at all times just incase it ran out :/

Jack
12-09-11, 03:01 PM
I find with my Z, putting the phone in offline/aircraft mode rather than powering off saves the battery. Probably because when its off, its not really off. lol

Stuart
12-09-11, 03:50 PM
I find with my Z, putting the phone in offline/aircraft mode rather than powering off saves the battery. Probably because when its off, its not really off. lol

And come restart you arent using a butt load of power to get it going again.

Nova_Tek
12-09-11, 07:08 PM
upload an app killer, that helps also and keep the back light dim...found that helped mine stay alive, and i bought a 2nd back up battery that ide keep charged at all times just incase it ran out :/

The Sensation already has it's own task manager which you can individually kill apps that are still running. If you wanna save battery then turn the data connection off when not using it and things like wifi and bluetooth. That way you can still make calls and get texts. Phones like these though aren't renowned for their battery life, so if you want a pone like this forget longevity. It's like wanting a Lambo but still expecting 50 mpg when you cane it!

My Sensation regularly gives me 2 - 3 days battery when doing the above. What network you on? Sometimes networks put their own stuff on there which can slow things down. Some people go as far as 'unbranding' their device.

Stuart
12-09-11, 08:28 PM
My 'of course terrible because its not an ipone or android' BB bold can run for upto 4 days with all the data/wifi left on and with good use.... I dont expect the replacement 9900 to be anywhere near that, but I dont care lol

Edd
09-10-11, 09:53 AM
Well after going in the shop once a week for the last 5 and ringing them the scum bags at phones4u have taken my utter crap HTC sensation back and given me a Samsung Galaxy S2 :)

So far I think its better than my iphone so I happy

They seem to think that once youve left the shop thats job done, so as a rule never buy anything from phones4u

Benn
09-10-11, 01:05 PM
Phones4u/vodaphone has always had utter sh*te customer service.

Jeff16v
09-10-11, 03:32 PM
More like phones-up-u

Mike
09-10-11, 03:39 PM
Ive never had any issues with Vodafone, been with them nearly ten years too.

Edd
09-10-11, 03:40 PM
Tbh it the worse services I have ever got when buying something

First they said your stuck with it
Then we'll will swap it for another sensation
Then we'll given you a galaxy s2
Go in shop they wont ffs

Took me five weeks to sort

How they think they can't sell you something then not sort it out when your not happy is something I cant understand

For all the good it will do I made a formal complaint about the tards in the store

Jack
09-10-11, 03:57 PM
Edd, was this phones4u in Bridgwater? I had hassle from them ages ago when I did an upgrade. Got advice from the guys in the Yeovil store, then went ahead with the upgrade in the Bridgwater store. Took a while to get them to understand what I wanted at the time but meh lol

After that they kept sending me spam texts about once a week advertising shoite, then when it came to renewal time I was pretty much bombarded with texts/calls/answerphone messages telling me how I 'had' to go back to the store to upgrade again :roll:

Edd
09-10-11, 04:47 PM
Yeah was Bridgwater store, should of know better really as most phone shops in town are full of tards lol

I would have just gone to o2 in town but they didnt have the HTC or the Samsung at the time

I have had simular texts which I told them when I got the samsung better stop