PDA

View Full Version : 20NE Turbo Decomp Plates Group Buy

matt_vaughan
08-09-11, 01:02 PM
I'm currently in contact with a company that can produce Decomp plates from pretty much any engine, and I have been quoted £45 delivered for a single decomp plate for an NE engine.

Would anyone be interested in a group buy for these to give this company some more business, as they are less than half the price of ferriday.

:thumb:

moffat
08-09-11, 01:12 PM
looking for an e16se one if they fancy making one? sure a few folk would take them aswell

matt_vaughan
08-09-11, 01:13 PM
I'll have a word with them, emailing their technician (sp?) now, so I will add that to the email.

moffat
08-09-11, 01:22 PM
cheers mate

matt_vaughan
08-09-11, 03:25 PM
Short and curlies of it is that it CAN be done. However, it would entale me personally taking on the business because it is custom parts, which I'm happy to do after gauging interest, but this thread would be about to turn into a trade advert in effect and I cant let that happen through forum rules.

Therefore, I need to take a look at the business viability of providing these items and maybe sign up for a traders account. Moffat I will PM you when I have developments on the items.

moffat
08-09-11, 03:36 PM
might be worthwhile matt, there would be enough intrest. was a thread started before the forum changed but i cant seem to find it. was about decomp plates for the 1.6s gauging intrest and was a fair amount of numbers. im sure the 8v and 16vs are the same (someone correct me if im wrong) so deffo posibilitys

thedjse
08-09-11, 06:40 PM
That is cheap for a decomp plate ferriday are expensive but good

mowgli
08-09-11, 07:50 PM
can't you just find a local engineer & drop off a head gasket as a pattern?? but i reckon if you work out the cr you need, you could get the pistons machined quite cheaply...

but then an ne engine is quite low cr anyway & with a decent ecu, it would work fine.

bazil
08-09-11, 08:50 PM
what material do they use?

mowgli
08-09-11, 08:55 PM
its just ally sheet isn't it?

bazil
08-09-11, 09:15 PM
They can be made from many things, stainless steel, aluminum alloy, copper, mild steel ( which I wouldn't want ) etc

The aluminium alloy ones don't need 2 gaskets ( ferriday ones ) but steel ones do,

I'd be looking for a 1.2 one around 1.5 mm thick

MattBrown
09-09-11, 11:20 AM
looking for an e16se one if they fancy making one? sure a few folk would take them aswell

Why didnt you bid on darcys on ebay?

It sold for £5.50......

turbo-boy
09-09-11, 11:43 PM
Be interested in one for a c16se and what thinknesses would there be on order and
Material.