PDA

View Full Version : help

N0V4 JACK16
07-09-11, 09:22 PM
i'm having problem getting a spark from the plugs ever since i took the engine out. i no theres nothing wrong with any of the components, i.e. disributor, leads etc. i have an earth lead left which i think is the problem. can anyone tell me if earthing the engine will create the spark. properly confused here :S cheers guys.

simonm
07-09-11, 09:25 PM
Yes earths are very important and are all needed in place and clean even if you put a jump lead from the - on the battery to the engine block and try that it should eliminate your earth problem

N0V4 JACK16
07-09-11, 09:38 PM
i have tryed that and i still cant get a spark. i cant think were there is an earth lead on the block. i has to be close to the chassis as its only small.

simonm
07-09-11, 09:45 PM
If you've tried the jump lead then it's not an earth problem what engine and loom have you got

N0V4 JACK16
07-09-11, 09:56 PM
whatever loom is standard on a 1.3sr. i have had a kent cam installed, and i bought a brand new coil pack.

N0V4 JACK16
08-09-11, 06:59 PM
Bump! Can any one show me a photo of where all the earth cables go?! Iv earthed the block but still no spark :S Maybe the distributor but this was working perfectly fine when i removed the engine. where can i test with a multi meter as to what voltage to get from this, im getting very low voltage less than 1v any suggestions? Battery is all charged.

mowgli
08-09-11, 07:10 PM
there is an earth cable from the gearbox to the lh chassis leg