PDA

View Full Version : hot car = burnt face

ben doodar
06-09-11, 10:05 PM
i work in an auto factors. on friday a lad came in the shop for a water temperature sensor for his golf. He paid for it and leaves. A minute later he comes back in holding his face asking for an ambulance and some cold water, he's only gone and tried to take the old sensor out of the car whilst the cars still hot at the side of the road!!! The water shot out n burnt all his face, his eye was swollen face bright red and the skin peeling off his face! we called an ambulance they come and treated him with some gel stuff bandaged his face up and took him with them.

i saw him yesterday in said golf and his face was glowing!

ive no idea if he had any knowledge of cars or what, but it goes to show that maybe sometimes a lapse of concentration can have some real bad effects.

take care out there guys its a dangerous world! lol

wwmnw
06-09-11, 10:07 PM
Ouch.

Mike
06-09-11, 10:09 PM
FPMSL!

Although as funny as it is I bet that was sooooo damn painful!!

mowgli
06-09-11, 10:12 PM
i work in an auto factors. on friday a lad came in the shop for a water temperature sensor for his golf. He paid for it and leaves. A minute later he comes back in holding his face asking for an ambulance and some cold water, he's only gone and tried to take the old sensor out of the car whilst the cars still hot at the side of the road!!! The water shot out n burnt all his face, his eye was swollen face bright red and the skin peeling off his face! we called an ambulance they come and treated him with some gel stuff bandaged his face up and took him with them.

ive no idea if he had any knowledge of cars or what, but it goes to show that maybe sometimes a lapse of concentration can have some real bad effects.

most important part of your post.......

did you charge scene tax on it??

L14MNP
06-09-11, 10:13 PM
Water mug!

wwmnw
06-09-11, 10:27 PM
Water mug!

Oh dear lol

L14MNP
06-09-11, 10:30 PM
Oh dear lol

Sorry mate. Bet he was steaming.

ben doodar
06-09-11, 10:38 PM
lmao again liam!!

yh we had a bit of a laugh after he'd gone but tbh it must of hurt like hell!!

looks like he was eye level with it having a close look, then....... POW straight in the kisser

must spread the love before passing it to L14MNP again!!

mowgli
06-09-11, 10:39 PM
next time he comes in, you should try to sell him a cloth & some goggles

L14MNP
06-09-11, 10:41 PM

I'd give him a watch and show him how to use it.

Patience is what he needs, it would seem though he wanted to be a patient.

ben doodar
06-09-11, 10:51 PM

shame we dont sell packets of common sense mate else we really would earn a killing!!!

had some lad in the other day with a celica gt4 asking for brake pads,

he said 'ive been told to get some copper grease as well as that can help them from squealing'

yes mate its just over here...

'i take it you just put it on the pads or do you put it on the discs as well?'

John
06-09-11, 10:53 PM
ouch!

Our parts guy at work, once had a bloke in asking which way round the pads fitted..............................in his rs4!

mowgli
06-09-11, 10:53 PM
you should sell cans of overspray, just like professionals use......

LEWI007
06-09-11, 10:59 PM
Same thing happened to my mate but with an oil drum full of petrol when he stuck his head in with a lighter to light the fire lol

When he pulled his face back out it was bright red and his hair was standing up straight, next day it was all scabbed up and looked a right mess, LUCKILY it healed and now he isnt left with any marks at all.

Maybe the guy isnt that lucky in this case though, scarred for life ?

ben doodar
06-09-11, 11:05 PM
ouch!

Our parts guy at work, once had a bloke in asking which way round the pads fitted..............................in his rs4!

crazy isnt it! these people wouldnt take the television apart on a sunday afternoon if it stopped working, but will quite happily take there car apart, hell its only brakes on a car!!

and lewi yh i'd say he's going to be scared! for his sake i hope it wont but looks pretty severe!

Novasport
06-09-11, 11:10 PM

Thing is, I bet you could be held liable and sued for his injury as you did not make him aware of the dangers of replacing this item. Due to some crazy EU law it is more than likely your responsibility to ensure he is capable of replacing the part.
Do I hear 'No win, no fee', 'where there is a blame there is a claim!' and all that!

I am sure at some point in the future due to some moron killing themselves after buying a part from a motor factors that some stupid law will be passed. You will probably have to get customers to sign a disclaimer or fill out a 20 page questionaire with them!

mowgli
06-09-11, 11:13 PM
a farmer friend of mine had an old combine harvester.. he got it out the shed to get it ready for harvest, and had it running up, his son was in the cab, cleaning it out & checking round.. the opening window was wide open..

anyway, the son pointed out the oil gauge wasn't working, which was common as they were a capilliary type(non electrical, just a tiny tube to the gauge).. so the dad decided to check it actually had oil pressure by unbolting the union.. so 5 gallons of hot engine oil shot out, bounced off a panel & came whistling in thru the window, covering the son... who wasn't impressed to be deep fried..

MK999
06-09-11, 11:14 PM
I am sure at some point in the future due to some moron killing themselves after buying a part from a motor factors that some stupid law will be passed. You will probably have to get customers to sign a disclaimer or fill ot a 20 page questionaire!

Complete the sentence. Hot water is ___.

a) Cold
b) Warm but not dangerous
c) Scaldingly ******* burning hot.

L14MNP
06-09-11, 11:18 PM
complete the sentence. Hot water is ___.

A) cold
b) warm but not dangerous
c) scaldingly ******* burning hot.

b.

ben doodar
06-09-11, 11:27 PM
nova sport, after the incident i said to my boss how its crazy that the industry isnt regulated, your gas has to be corgi registerd, electrical work has to be signed off by a profesional etc etc, but anyone can take there car apart which is essentially a speeding ton weight, in one way its good for us car enthusiasts who have common sense and general understanding of mechanical things, but in another its mad how anyone can take a spanner to there car! im sure your right that 1 day you'll have to fill out a questionair or simalier disclaimer etc.

mowgli, im sure your friend wasnt a stupid guy as most farmers i know seem to be very knowledgable of there machinery etc just that lapse of concentration for a second can have very bad consequnces.

JShannon
06-09-11, 11:49 PM
A fella from here in N.I just lost his eye in a freak style accident on Friday. Gary White, a talented Mechanic and rally car driver, was taking a clip off a turbo. it slipped and went straight through his eye! Lost the eye obviously! This guy is in his 40's with countless years of experience. It can happen to anyone ........

Jeff16v
07-09-11, 06:29 AM
I got a burnt face when I was. 18 when my fiesta radiator cap blew off when the car overheated in traffic, the cap turned out to be the wrong one and I can tell you it's bloody painful. I had a blister the lenght of my arm. When they change the dressing the gauze had fused with the new skin. On a plus side, the left hand side of my face lOoks a couple of years younger. :lol

ryansnova
11-09-11, 03:10 PM
this happned to my cdt teacher at school and it was so bad thay had to take skin off his ass and put it on his face lol

ones he was shouting at me and my pal turns round and seid to him "go and take your face for a sh*t" lol lol

Spudly
11-09-11, 03:24 PM
I fail to see how you can find that even remotely funny in all fairness, one of my tutors at college showed us pictures of a lad who had taken a cap off whilst it was red-hot, he didnt realise the engine had just been turned off and thought it was cold, he was wearing gloves so didnt feel the heat, till it blasted out and burnt his arm, his neck and face, really wasnt pretty and the lad was scarred for life!

TeddyThom
12-09-11, 10:50 AM
I think what is being made fun of is the lack of common sense not the actual accident itself. I for one, will openly admit I chuckled a little bit when I read about him not waiting for the water to cool down. Maybe he will learn a lesson to have patience and if unsure ask someone. A harsh lesson maybe, but a lesson nonetheless. It is a shame some people should have to suffer at their own hands because of their male pride/impatience/trying to look clever.

The human race is doomed through stupidity.

scott.parker
12-09-11, 11:36 AM
OK the accident is not funny, but the fact he was stupid enough to go straight to the car and try do it IS the funny part, and to be fair if you don't have the brains to see whats going to happen then you shouldn't be trying to fix your own car, no sympathy here I'm afraid.

Nebbz
12-09-11, 01:31 PM
cor i bet that hurt o_0

L14MNP
12-09-11, 02:50 PM
"go and take your face for a sh*t" lol lol

lol lol lol + rep. So that's where that sayinbg comes from! :P