PDA

View Full Version : Stunning R53 Cooper S.

Nick J
06-09-11, 09:06 PM
Hi Guys,

Up for sale is our daily. We've owned this for almost two years and in that time its never missed a beat and been an excellent car for us. However with the missus doing substantially more miles nowadays we've decided to look for a diesel to replace it with. Ive worked on these regular for almost ten years now being a senior tech at the local Bmw/mini dealership. I looked for quite sometime and at a lot of various examples before buying this one. I did so as It was one of the most genuine untouched examples I had ever come across and even though we would have preffered a later example I couldnt find one anywhere near this condition. Their was no evidence of any paint/body repair or inproper mechanical work and It had been serviced by main dealers all its life. Its HPI clear and I ran a history check via the BMW database to look up all warranty claims/servicing history to make sure any recalls and so forth had been carried out. These also back up the low mileage as well as the service book and previous mot certs. Its also never been modified in any way and runs the factory stock map.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k27/nj_photo/minisalepics.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k27/nj_photo/minisalepics015.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k27/nj_photo/minisalepics016.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k27/nj_photo/3029533-7.jpg

Basics.

2002 R53 Mini Cooper S finished in Indi blue Pearl. 73k, 6 months tax and Mot'd until the end of October. HPI clear, Service history, bills, mot's and history reports are all present with two keys. Stunning condition throughout.

History.

Not long after buying it I refurbished the wheels and practically painted the whole car. This was due to the pearl dark blue colour showing all the light marks and stone chips an 8 year old car would do and nothing else. My paintless dent guy removed the few small dents the car had prior to this so the result is a perfectly straight car with a great finish. All badges were new as well as a couple of the arch trims that were previously marked. All pictures are in the wip thread so you can see exactly what I did and why by reading it. Great care was taken backmasking and foam taping edges so the work carried out will never show. If you didnt know what Ive told you I can guarantee you wouldnt be able to tell It had that amount of work carried out at all. Regardless of it being a daily I still treated it as well as I would have any project of mine.

Just weeks ago Its had a service and a pre mot check as thats coming up in a few months. The following parts have also been replaced with genuine items..........

- New full exhaust and hanger/mounting kit.
- New n/s/r caliper.
- New supercharger Belt kit.
- New front wiper blades.
- New Oil,Air and Microfilters with fresh quality oil etc.
- New Mini rubber floormatt kit with boot liner and cargo nets.
- New number plates.
- New anodised black bmw wheel bolts.
- An excellent condition steering wheel replaced the old item that was peeling as many do etc. But we used one from a higher spec cooper s so it has the hand grips and pin prick leather finish.

Although the mot is due within the coming months It wont need anything. I cant yet present it for a test as Its too far from the date etc. But If we still have it when that time comes I will gladly put a fresh year on it as I know It needs nothing. Or If I recieve a deposit from a prospective buyer that would prefer to wait until the car is tested thats fine also. This car has wanted for nothing throughout and has been treated to all quality detailing products my projects have. Their is not a mark on this cars exterior anywhere no matter how small! Its condition would embarass an eighteen month old R56!! The car also benefits from the optional extras such as...... Xenons, Air Conditioning, Half leather and so on.

As many are finding out now these are great cars with a large potential. A smaller supercharger pulley wheel/belt kit and a remap can see you at approx 180bhp for little money. With an uprated exhaust, Intercooler, Air intake you could obviously see more. Which is why I guess they seem to be getting hugely popular as a cheap track day car option for many. We would like a 1 series 118/120d so this is the only car Id consider having as a part exchange/deal etc. If you would like anymore information please dont hesistate to get in touch. However more details can be found via my wip thread on page 154 onwards and the link for that is below.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?88548-My-Projects-thread/page154

Based in North Yorks and Priced at £4250.

Nick.

Nick J
09-09-11, 09:14 PM
bttt for a lovely example. :)

Joe Richardson
11-09-11, 12:12 AM
Them pics do it justice Nick, very good example good luck with the sale:thumb:

Nick J
13-09-11, 09:44 AM
Them pics do it justice Nick, very good example good luck with the sale:thumb:

Cheers Joe! I know the first to view will buy but as usual Its getting people to view!

Nick.

Nick J
15-09-11, 06:55 PM
Price revised...... £4600. Also its now booked in for the mot so in a few weeks time it will have a years ticket.

Nick.

Nick J
22-09-11, 05:33 PM
bttt :)

Nick J
01-10-11, 11:15 AM
Price revised again guys now £4250.

Nick.

Nick J
08-10-11, 07:14 PM
Hi guys, The mini now has a fresh mot after passing today with no advisorys at all. :)

Nick.